Caribou Gear

6 Colorado elk points

5Speedjim

I'm looking for some ideas of areas to burn my points. I haven't hunted Colorado in a few years and my old spot isn't worth 6 points for muzzleloader or rifle season. Just looking for some piece and quiet mostly. I'll truck camp and walk in. I'm not afraid of hunting on my own. If all else fails I'll use my 3 Wyoming points on a general tag

Unit 49 archery or unit 66 archery or 1st rifle.I have same points and am going for unit 49 archery

Unit 49 has been getting a lot of attention here and from other sites recently. I predict some major point creep for that unit over the next year or two.

Unit 49 has been overrated for years IMO. ts proximity to Front Range cities jacks points up. It is also overly attractive to NRs, who draw a disproportionate % of licenses, around 20% every year. I suppose that makes it a better point bargain for NRs than residents. Last year 6 NR points would have drawn archery, 2nd, 3rd seasons along w deer hunters, and 4th season. Not even close to drawing ML or 1st rifle.

Back