Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming random d.raw question

mixedbag

In the random draw are you entered for all your choices.Wasn't sure if you got 3 choices/chances in random.I planned to put in for a tougher 1st Choice tag in random and then pick high percentage choices for my other 2.Is this how this works with random drawing??
Thanks

In Wyoming they go through everyone's first choice before going to everyone's second choice and then on to everyone's third choice.

Generally, unless you are putting in for something that would normally go to leftovers you aren't going to draw anything on your second choice except for maybe a rare chance on a very low demand unit or a cow tag or something like that.

Look at the Random (Regular or Special) to see last years odds of drawing a 2nd choice tag.
Just remember, you go to the PP draw with your 1st choice and hunt code, then to the Random with the same hunt and 1st choice (new random number, points not used). So, if they clean out all but a few in the PP draw, and the Random Draw quota is larger then the remaining 1st choice apps, you're getting drawn. That scenario also shows that you should look at both PP and Random draws for your odds.

Untitled.jpg

So in random draw 1st Choice applicant get 1st shot at tags before 2nd or 3rd choice applicants??Wasn't sure if it was same way as the pp draw

Yes. Anyone who put a unit as their 1st choice will get drawn before anyone gets a shot at their 2nd choice tag.

So that works the same in the random.I wasn't sure how random worked,but it's same as pp draw
Thanks

Follow up question. The resident pool of tags go to all first choice residents then second choice residents then third correct? If there are tags still available at that point where do they go? Non resident special or regular draw pools? I have been trying to find this answer unsuccessfully.

Left over list I believe.

That is correct at the present time. This year the leftovers after the initial draw will have to be applied for and everyone will be in a random draw for them if the G&F goes through with their plan to eliminate the initial "first come first serve" online fiasco. That was due to the CC company not being able to handle the glut of applicants and many people had their status time out before their payment went through and then someone else was able to get that tag. Theoretically going to a second draw for the leftovers will eliminate that problem and the tags that are left after that random draw will then be sold as in the past, but not with the fiasco that has developed the last couple years with the online process.

Last edited:
That is correct at the present time. This year the leftovers after the initial draw will have to be applied for and everyone will be in a random draw for them if the G&F goes through with their plan to eliminate the initial "first come first serve" online fiasco. That was due to the CC company not being able to handle the glut of applicants and many people had their status time out before their payment went through and then someone else was able to get that tag. Theoretically going to a second draw for the leftovers will eliminate that problem and the tags that are left after that random draw will then be sold as in the past, but not with the fiasco that has developed the last couple years with the online process.

So I could apply for a license that did not have enough non-resident pool tags, but have leftover resident pool tags. I would not draw, but have tags for that license available in the leftovers? I though they were moved to the non-resident pool before the leftovers.

So I could apply for a license that did not have enough non-resident pool tags, but have leftover resident pool tags. I would not draw, but have tags for that license available in the leftovers? I though they were moved to the non-resident pool before the leftovers.

Yep. Take a look at page 54 in this link as it shows they go to leftovers after the draw. Sorry, I can't get it to work as an active link, so you'll have to do a C/P into your browser to look at the pdf multipage document:

legisweb.state.wy.us/InterimCommittee/2015/06WGFDLicensingPresentation.pdf

Last edited:
Back