Donating meat in Wyoming

Rooster52

Where do you donate venison in Wyoming. Living alone ,I just do not need all the meat I take every year. If I cannot find a place to donate ,I may give up some of my hunting.Makes no sense killing an animal without making good use of the meat.

I've donated meat in the past to certain processors that partner with feed the hungry or a similar program. You can also call the game warden in your area to get better info, or call local processors.

I donated mine through Lusk Game Processing in, of course, Lusk. Obviously this might not be near your area but worth a shot. I had to pay the processing, unlike how hunters for the hungry is here at home. The meat went to an older lady nearby, who sent me one of the nicest letters I have ever received. Worth every penny in my book.

Might seem strange but I contacted the sheriffs department when I lived in Utah and they came and got the meat and took it to the battered women's shelter. It became a yearly thing for us and we would donate turkeys at thanksgiving as well. Just a thought.

I am not sure what they have in Wyoming, but here, Game and Parks has a donation site, where you can get a number to donate the whole animal to a specific person. We also have a Hunters Feeding the Hungry type thing through a local processor.

I would think that the Game Warden in the area would have any info on this type of thing.

Wyoming does not have a "hunters for the hungry" program. Some processors will take your meat if you pay the processing and donate it. Wyoming laws are kind of funny on giving away meat, but if commercially processed it can be "donated". Giving to friends is different unless processed first.

Wyoming does not have a "hunters for the hungry" program. Some processors will take your meat if you pay the processing and donate it. Wyoming laws are kind of funny on giving away meat, but if commercially processed it can be "donated". Giving to friends is different unless processed first.

Wyoming has a bunch of back asswards game laws that need revision. Wyoming does need a "Hunters for the Hungry" program.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back