Caribou Gear

2016 diy elk hunt video

Wapitiwarrior

Hey guys Im new to the forum. Anyway me and my cousin went on our first elk hunt in montana this past september. It was a blast an my cousin dalton managed to put one down! Check out the video here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=83OoqshU0Gs we're definitely not pros by any means, just injoy filming hunts. If you like what you see feel free to subscribe!

My favorite part of this video is your persistence. You were not going to give up, even though you were up
against obstacles. Obviously you guys made a great decision in exploiting your find of water/wallow. And lastly, you proved it doesn't take $1000 in camo and a $500 pack to get it done.

Great video! Congrats on the experience. This was my first year elk hunting but would have given a lot just to see as many elk as yall did on any given day.

Last edited:
Well done guys. Great hunt. Lucky you came outta there with 1 bull and 1 truck ;)

Great video! I love watching hunting videos on my free time and this was really good quality for a DIY hunt.

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Videos like these are great to get folks through the off season.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! It definitely was an awesome adventure! Even tho there were times I wandered what the heck I, a Midwestern whitetail hunter was doing out there, on the hardest hunt I had ever been on physically and mentally. But now I can't wait to get back and finish some unfinished business! And no, you definitely don't need all the best gear. Although I will be upgrading some gear that I've found to be pretty important... expecially a tent lol. And for the guy who asked about my camera, I use a canon g30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back