New Bino's for an Wyoming Elk Rifle Hunt

YankeeHunter66

Looking for a new pair for Bino's nd not sure if I should go 10X42 or 10X50 , I was looking at Vortex or Leupold , working with approx $1000.00

Zeiss Conquest HD 10X42 has been great glass for me. You could also look for a used pair of Swaros. I'd stick with the 42s.

Also check out Cabela's Euro HDs in 10x42 if you can get a sale going. Their 15x56s are amazing (and also made by Meopta, just like the 10x42s).

get the 10x50. you will want it during first light and last light spotting game. keep an eye out on camofire.com they run some good glass on there daily

I've taken my pair of Leupold Cascade 10x42 binos out West on a couple of hunts, the most recent being a WY elk hunt. I never wished that I had a different set of binos.

For a 1k, you can get some good glass. Rule of thumb is buy the best you can afford. I want to upgrade this season but I have other commitments first. You can find used 10x50 Razor HD's for 900-1000 pretty regularly, and if you scour enough maybe cheaper. Brand new Leupold BX-3 Pro Guide HD's are in the 600-700 range and they are amazing. I know many companies have new stuff this season coming out. If you stretch your budget Vortex is releasing a rangefinder bino combo right now they are around 1200 bucks, range to 1600 yards and are 10x42 with the Viper HD glass.

Best bet is go to the local stores, look through them in the evening and "high noon", so you get last light and most light conditions. Once you have settled on a pair, let the fingers do the walking and search every forum, classified until you find it for the price you want. 90% of all quality glass companies will have a lifetime warranty. Buy it, send it in if you need to and have it back before the hunt!

In my opinion, grab some 10x42 Leicas for $1000 and don't look back. Make sure you get a decent harness and an adapter to put them on a window mount or tripod.

In my opinion, grab some 10x42 Leicas for $1000 and don't look back. Make sure you get a decent harness and an adapter to put them on a window mount or tripod.

+1 on the harness, -1 on the window mount. I hated using a window mount. Everytime you move, the truck moves and it's making you dizzy. Same thing with wind. I loved having a Badlands harness. Then I got an FHF. I love it more and the Badlands is now dead to me.

Go 8x32 or 10x42 but I wouldn't do more than that. Don't get me wrong, I have a cheap pair of 12 or 16x52(can't remember which) that I keep in my truck but I'm using them to look out a ways. When walking around, I'm carrying 10x42 as an all around option. Not close only or far away only. All around.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back