Patagonia views on public land

The good thing is that Patagonia is pretty much the leader in the non consumptive outdoor work as far as advocacy and influence goes. They may not give the most by percentage, but few are as big and are doing as much. People pay attention to what they say and buy Patagonia products because of what they say and do.

Thanks for posting. I am glad to see this. As FC posted above, Patagonia is a leader in the industry and people listen to what they have to say.

I do like much of what Patagonia does but I don't think they support hunting as far as I've seen, heard and read.

I have loved my 2 Patagonia pullovers for 20 years,their well worn.Met the owner a few times. He did hunt deer.
The list I saw yesterday of companies that support our public lands , did not show Cabellas on it that I could see.
Or some other so called hunt companies.

So this just popped up on my FB newsfeed. Patagonia is running an ad campaign one a shared field and stream article against the transfer of public lands.
pata_ad.PNG

I just read the letter and what struck me the most was the long list of supporting companies. This appears to stretch way beyond Patagonia. I shop at some of these businesses and have used their products on many hunts, but perhaps more noteworthy is that many of my non-hunting friends, neighbors and co-workers do as well. I couldn't be happier to see companies like Big Agnes, Katadyn, Smartwool, Petzl, Black Diamond, REI, North Face and many, many others sign this letter in support of public lands, and I'd like to say THANK YOU to each of them. I think one of them even has something in camo :) Like many folks have already said, I think it's so important to leverage support from all of the users of public lands, and if these businesses decide to come together as part of a larger PR campaign, who knows what could happen. The complete list of businesses are as follows:

Black Diamond Equipment
Patagonia
REI
Scott Baxter
The North Face Group
SCARPA North America, Inc.
KUHL
Exxel Outdoor Performance Group
Kelty
Sierra Designs
Ultimate Direction
Timberland
Ibex Outdoor Clothing
Group Rossignol North America
Outdoor Research
Kahtoola, Inc.
Petzl America
Osprey Packs
Gregory Mountain Products
POC
Big Agnes
La Sportiva North America
PolarTEC
DAKINE
Smartwool
JanSport
prAna
ASSOS USA LLC
Katadyn North America
Mountain Hub
Metolius Climbing
Arc'teryx Equipment
Specialized Bicycle Components
Salewa/Dynafit North America

I'll go out of my way to give the above my dollar. Mad props to all of them. A big company that knows their base and their roots.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back