GOP Poised to Push Anti-Hunting and Anti-Fishing Agenda Under Trump

JoseCuervo

Simply by striking a few key words from the law, it could be transformed from a tool to protect huge areas of habitat for imperiled species into little more than limits on hunting for protected animals, said J.B. Ruhl, a Vanderbilt University law professor considered a leading expert on the act.

Trump's position is unclear. A strong advocate for energy development, he has lamented environmental policies he says hinder drilling. But his appointment of Montana Rep. Ryan Zinke as Interior secretary was seen by some conservationists as a signal that Trump will support protections for public lands to the benefit of fish and wildlife.

The Trump transition team did not respond to requests for comment. The incoming administration already has immigration, the health care law repeal and infrastructure improvements atop its agenda.

If the administration or Congress wants to gut the law, "they certainly can do it," Vermont Law School professor Patrick Parenteau said. "The real question with the Endangered Species Act is where does it rank?"

Advocates and senior Obama administration officials argue the law's success is best measured by extinctions avoided — for 99 percent of protected species, including black-footed ferrets, whooping cranes, American crocodiles and hundreds of others.

"There's a lot of evidence that some species are conservation-reliant," Ruhl said. Political fights over certain species have dragged out for decades, he added, because recovering them from "the brink of extinction is a lot harder than we thought."

Read more here:

GOP Advances Anti-Hunting and Anti-Fishing Agenda

Because we always know if the Koch Brothers want the regulation removed (or the Public Land Sold), Paul Ryan and the GOP will carry their water....

The Koch-affiliated Freedom Partners recently issued a “Roadmap to Repeal” laying out dozens of Obama-era executive actions and agency regulations it says constitutes a “unprecedented onslaught of regulatory costs on the U.S. economy.” The group has assembled a list of dozens of Obama initiatives it wants to see reversed — some can be ended with a stroke of Trump’s pen, others are still in the rulemaking process and can be withdrawn, while still others can be targeted through Congress or the courts.

“For too long, unelected bureaucrats have been simply telling people how things are going to be,” he said. “This needs to change, and not just by peeling away this rule or that particular regulation.”

Linky-Link for those who like to Clicky-Click

His sons will be bummed. Or, fake news rides again. Yippie kiy o. Will be a lot of sad folks in a few more days when they can no longer complain about the sky falling scenarios but instead have to focus on real actions taken that may not result in Armageddon. I predict will be a relatively boring administration. That does not sell newspapers in January, though.

Good grief Tequila. What flame do you use to keep setting your hair on fire about something that has not even happened yet. Get over it. The libtards lost and now you have to deal with it.

There is time for alarm, if things go bad, but the new administration is not even in yet and all you loonies are crying your eyes out.

Good grief Tequila. What flame do you use to keep setting your hair on fire about something that has not even happened yet. Get over it. The libtards lost and now you have to deal with it.

There is time for alarm, if things go bad, but the new administration is not even in yet and all you loonies are crying your eyes out.

Yeah, because how could we possibly know that it is a dumb idea to touch a hot stove until we touch it!!!!

You are a genius.

Let's eliminate the Salmon, and see how that affects my fishing for Salmon and Steelhead. Then we can worry about it.

From the NY Times....

Efforts to liquidate our public lands took a step forward last week with a vote in the House of Representatives. By designating lands transfers “budget neutral” and eliminating common sense safeguards against undervaluing public lands, the House placed a monetary value of exactly zero on our lands. At least on paper, America’s greatest asset was stripped of its value.

If public lands were transferred to the states as some politicians want, one inevitable outcome would result: Those lands would be sold to moneyed private interests. No state is prepared to shoulder the taxpayer burdens of maintaining forest roads, fighting wildfires and controlling weeds.

Clicky-Click on the Linky-Link

Yeah, because how could we possibly know that it is a dumb idea to touch a hot stove until we touch it!!!!

You are a genius.

Let's eliminate the Salmon, and see how that affects my fishing for Salmon and Steelhead. Then we can worry about it.

Thanks for the compliment. I don't consider myself quite at that level!:cool: I am not going to panic about this stuff until it looks like it could actually happen. But, it keeps you busy with the accelerant on your hair, for sure.

I have a hard time believing that they are going to automatically reverse ALL environmental safeguards with the wave of a wand. The endangered species act needs to be re-visited and made more reasonable. It has made room for recovery of some things like griz and wolves, but has not allowed to controls on same animals. Any government ACT needs to have some checks and balances and the ESA has not necessarily had that.

We will continue to disagree on government control of things, but I have never once, nor will I, advocate for the sale of public land. All I am saying is that all things connected with the government, need some common sense injected into mix.

What flame do you use to keep setting your hair on fire about something that has not even happened yet.
That sounds way too familiar and similar to what the Democrats were saying to the right wingers who were concerned about Obamacare getting passed. Very soon it was a reality and now what is the solution?

It would be too late to use that flame to burn out the bad idea and legislation of PLT after it is passed and implemented!
Fact: HR 5, the precursor greasing the skids has already passed / happened ... that PLT train has already left the station. It concerns me that Ryan Zinke was also on board.

but I have never once, nor will I, advocate for the sale of public land. All I am saying is that all things connected with the government, need some common sense injected into mix.

At what point on the road to sale do you draw the line and start to fight? When the lands are designated for state transfer? When the state proposes to sell some to off balance there budget? Or then the gavel falls on the last piece of public land auctioned off?

The house already fired the first shot across the bow. 'bout damn time to start fighting back, and come at 'em with both barrels from the start!

Quite the intellectual counterpoint salvo there. Maybe Zinke e.g. all can use "the libtards lost, get over it!" as their rallying cry.

Last edited by a moderator:
At what point on the road to sale do you draw the line and start to fight? When the lands are designated for state transfer? When the state proposes to sell some to off balance there budget? Or then the gavel falls on the last piece of public land auctioned off?

The house already fired the first shot across the bow. 'bout damn time to start fighting back, and come at 'em with both barrels from the start!

Yep123

First they came for the to change House Rules to allow tranfer, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Libtard.

Then they came for the Local Demonstration Projects, and I did not speak out—

Then they came for the Public Land Transfer to the States, and I did not speak out—

Then they came for Hunters—and there was no one left to speak for me

So in other words, a common-sense injection in the ESA cannot be acceptable to the management of public lands? That is amazing. I guess it is alright for the ESA to run farmers and ranchers out of business to protect rats and bugs, all for the protection of every living thing and the salvation of public lands.

After all, I guess a boy, is a rat is a dog. Isn't that the way it goes?

So in other words, a common-sense injection in the ESA cannot be acceptable to the management of public lands? That is amazing. I guess it is alright for the ESA to run farmers and ranchers out of business to protect rats and bugs, all for the protection of every living thing and the salvation of public lands.

Is it ok for farmers and ranchers to destroy my fishing and hunting?

When has the ESA run ranchers and farmers out of business by protecting rats and bugs? Could you please cite some specific examples? Us libtards ain't real bright ya know

In all respect here you use the New York times as your source? Let's be real here. The New York Times is about 2 links higher than the onion on the chain of credibility

In all respect here you use the New York times as your source? Let's be real here. The New York Times is about 2 links higher than the onion on the chain of credibility

Yup....

But not if you are looking to light your hair on fire or looking for a high roof..

Everyone, please just relax... If you hate him, just give him enough rope and he will hang himself. All the other stuff is just b.s.

I guess it is alright for the ESA to run farmers and ranchers out of business to protect rats and bugs, all for the protection of every living thing and the salvation of public lands.
You're not referring to poor ol' Uncle Cliven Bundy, are you?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back