Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Newbie from South Dakota

Flat Lander

Hello Hunt Talk forum members from Pierre, SD. I have been hunting since before I could shoot, generally as a walker through a thick shelterbelt. Going deer hunting with my dad to this day, are some of my best memories, and I plan to pass that tradition to my son and daughter. I also enjoy waterfowl hunting and anything else that South Dakota has to offer.

With that being said, I recently got into archery elk hunting last season with a buddy and we did a DIY hunt in Montana. We hunted near the Greycliff, MT area for eight days and I found out real quick that there is nothing more exciting and addiction forming than hearing and seeing a bull elk bugle. It was a tough hunt and we did not get a shot off, but the memories we made during that time are worth the trip.

I look forward to gathering as much information about hunting that the members on this forum have to offer and maybe share some of the wisdom I may have. I have spent the past year and a half reading posts and there is some great information being shared, what an asset we have as a hunting community.

Welcome!! I'm 0-8 on archery elk, but it's an addiction!! I'm 0 due to my own fault and pride, but heck, live and learn. I love hearing bulls scream and the scenery and sounds of the hunt make even eating a tag worthwhile.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back