Greendecoys

Who funded Green Decoys? Doesn't your BS meter move a bit when a website, with no information of who they are, try's to jump to conclusions on who an organization is? Do you know who Richard Berman is?

Quiet Waters aside, what are the specific actions of BHA that do not promote hunting, fishing and access?

If you're going to bring it up, you better have some support other than an agnatologist hit piece from a DC lobbying group.

Is this decoying?
http://www.npr.org/2017/01/05/50801...federal-lands-to-states-has-sportsmen-on-edge

You going to join the Lobo Watch pro staff while you're at it?

Steven Rinella addressed this on his Meateater podcast perfectly. This is not verbatim:

If you are convinced by the Green Decoys hit piece I want to ask you to do a couple things. Look at who funded that piece and ask yourself if they have any integrity. Next, look at Backcountry Hunters and Anglers and the things they have supported and their members. If after that, you still think BCHA is a "Green Decoy", give me your reasons and I will tell you how you are wrong.

I thought about using a popcorn emoji when I first saw the thread but didn't want to waste the effort or to keep the thread at the top.

Green Decoys is ran by a guy named Richard Berman who runs a lobbying agency in DC, Center for Consumer Freedom. Thru about 3 layers of misdirection and misinformation, you get from GreenDecoys to the Berman Group.

The Center for Consumer Freedom represents the interests of soda companies, meat producers, fast food restaurants, payday lenders, and more. CCF mounts aggressive public relations campaigns on behalf of its clients against any government intervention or activist campaign that would affect their profits.

Founded with seed money from Philip Morris as the Guest Choice Network, CCF has evolved far beyond its original mission fighting restaurant smoking bans. It seeks to undermine public support for greater food-labeling, food-safety, and anti-obesity proposals, with financial support from many of America’s largest restaurant chains and food producers, including Coca-Cola, Cargill, and Wendy’s.

Claiming to act in the name of consumer freedom and choice, CCF attacks the credibility of public health advocates, academics, and medical experts. CCF frequently compares industry opponents to criminals and terrorists, and unapologetically misrepresents scientific data to support its claims.

As Berman brags on his website, they set up fancy websites, populate them to be "eye catching and persuasive" to people like Fowl_minded, in order to discredit groups that oppose his funders.

You can hire Berman and Company to start your misinformation campaign against whomever you need to discredit.

We have a full team of graphic designers and web developers who know how to present complex ideas and messages in ways that are eye-catching and persuasive. We pride ourselves on creative storytelling that is interactive and visually stunning, and we have over 150 national awards to back it up.

Over 200 websites built since 1995
Both front end and back end development capabilities
Hosting and database management experience

"Over 200 websites built since 1995" Saw it on the internet, must be true......

I thought about using a popcorn emoji when I first saw the thread but didn't want to waste the effort or to keep the thread at the top.

Google "greendecoys" and this thread is the 16th result.
We might as well put some factual info in it, as it will be ready by a few open minded individuals.

Hey Jose, isn't Berman the same guy that made oil execs so uncomfortable that they left the meeting?

Which meeting?

He started with $300k from Phillip Morris back in the day, fighting anti-smoking campaigns and undermining groups that thought cancer was a bad idea.

After realising that industry will fund him, he has gone on to create a network of "non-profits" that control other "non-profits" that then put up fancy-schmancy websites that dupe people like @fowl_minded.

The guy has profited greatly from his spreading of mis-information on issues like this.

Mr. Berman repeatedly boasted about how he could take checks from the oil and gas industry executives — he said he had already collected six-figure contributions from some of the executives in the room — and then hide their role in funding his campaigns.

“People always ask me one question all the time: ‘How do I know that I won’t be found out as a supporter of what you’re doing?’ ” Mr. Berman told the crowd. “We run all of this stuff through nonprofit organizations that are insulated from having to disclose donors. There is total anonymity. People don’t know who supports us.

Of all the members on Hunttalk that are also members of BHA, I would venture to guess that I am the only "liberal, radical environmentalist" and, I just happen to own a fleet of V-8 and diesel pickups, a shit-ton of camo, so many guns in my safe that I actually have to push my shoulder to close the safe on the guns, and frequently toss my beer cans out the truck window while driving.

This was a stupid thread to start attacking BHA with.

Last edited:
This reminds me, the Rendezvous tickets went on sale yesterday. Better get them while there hot.

Fowl_minded I will gladly buy you your weekend ticket if you want to come and see what BHA is all about. PM me if you like.

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/rendezvous_2017

He should take you up on this! I must say that the Quiet waters and fowl's concerns also concern myself. Maybe he could relay his concerns better in person.
This happens to be the one thing I have seen BHA do that set off my radar.

Guess I was late getting to this gem.

Fowl-minded AKA bird brain? OK, that was a cheap shot, but in a hurry to spend some time fishing on my public lands. Have fun.

of all the hunting sites, why is fowlminded a member of hunttalk? gotta be an internet troll just looking for reactions.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksexton22
Back