Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Broadhead Only Target

LandDiver

I looked at some targets today while I was in the city, and couldn't narrow anything down. When I came home I did some searching, and watched some videos. One target that I liked was the Big Green Broadhead Target. It was a 2 sided target with 1 side having either 4 or 5 rows of small dots with a small deer in the middle, and the other side was split into 4 sections with dots in them. I liked that one because I figured abusing 1 spot at a time would make the target last a while. Looked it up but it's no longer available. Saw another one while I was in the pro shop today which was the 18-1, or something like that. But when I came home I read some reviews on it and seems like quite a few people lost more arrows then they would like due to the material sucking the arrow in. Read a few more that Cabela's make but reviews went both ways.

What do you guys prefer? I would be shooting in my back yard. Mostly to satisfy my urge to let a few arrows go everyday. Just looking for more options to read up on so I can pick one out soon.

Thank you!

I would really recommend a DIY carpet target. You can make it anysize, get the carpet scraps for free, and if you make it big enough you can paint tictactoe, or the dot game on it and shoot some games with your buddy. I have a Rhinehart 18" that I take with me on trips to make sure I'm still on, it has a removable insert, but I don't know if I'll ever really have to replace it. Picked mine up for $100, well worth it IMO.

Thank you 406. I saw some videos on DIY foam targets while I was on YouTube but I didn't click on them. Guess I should have at least watched a couple of them. I'll look up DIY carpet targets, and read up on that Rhinehart for sure. Appreciate it 406!

Matrix Archery Target - they are expensive but might well be that last target you need to buy. I love mine and shoot both practice and broadheads into it just fine.

Thanks TLowell, I'll look in that one as well.

EDIT: I thought that name looked familiar, and it came to me when I saw it. They are collaborating with KUIU to come up with an updated target. Maybe when they do thenold stuff will get cheaper ha ha! Thanks again.

Last edited:
If you're going to be shooting fixed blade broadheads I would suggest an open faced layered target like an original block. The others work fine but during the retrieval the broadhead will take a chunk out of the solid face ones

I have had an 18/1 for a couple of years and have been very happy with it.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back