Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

wyoming Unit 19 and 7

redheadedsasquatch

We currently have 1 point for wyoming pronghorn. We have never been out there to hunt or hunted pronghorn so were trying to get in the best situation we can.I have found that all the units we can get a tag for will be labled difficult access. By the looks of it Unit 19 and 7 have some big chunks of accessible land. Has anybody had any experience with these spots? Were not looking to pay a tresspass fee. thanks

Welcome to the site. I think you're on the right track with that one for sure!!

Take a good look at unit 7 compared to unit 19 from the standpoint that it has 23,500 acres of private land under the WIHA Access Yes Program. Unit 19 has zero!

Is the walk in land usually pretty accessible?

It's all land that anyone can hunt during the open season if you have a tag for antelope and the perimeters are well marked. Normally there are parking spots and you walk in from there. Some may have some roads within them that can be used and the rules for that particular WIHA would specify what is allowed. Go into the Public Access section at the top of the G&F website and click on it. Then click on Public Access and then on WIHA Access and when it comes up go to the bottom of the page and click on Weston County. That will come up and you can go down through the antelope column to see that there are 6 WIHAs available (#2, #3, #8, #9, #11, and #14) and if you click on each one a map of it will come up and you can also look at the rules that apply.

Last edited:
We hunted Unit 7 with great luck this year. Saw upwards of 100 pronghorn per day on public accessible lands. "Shooter" bucks were hard to come by. Access as very straight forward. Dad shot his on the National Grasslands and i shot mine on a tiny state section. I would go back to this unit in a heartbeat.

danlope.jpgdavelope.jpg

Those are very very nice goats from 7

Thank you. Not to hijack the thread, but it was our first time out antelope hunting, and my dads first ever public land hunt. He cant wait to go back next year if we draw a tag.

We only saw about 5 bucks of this size on public land in the 4 days we hunted. most were solo and on the move.

Based on the populations we saw in 2016, if you have a Type rifle 1 tag for either sex you are in really good shape to at least bring some meat home. we could have filled doe tags by sunup every morning if we wanted to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back