Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New from Northern Indiana

devildog115

Hello! My name is Kyle and I am from Northern Indiana (St. Joe County since that seems to be the next question I will get). I am an avid whitetail hunter and outdoors kind of guy. Fell in love with Randy's youtube channel and as such, found this forums. Hopefully planning something out west in the next year or 2. Probably leaning towards an on your own backpacking hunt (undecided where and for what) but still working on convincing some of my hunting buddies that the work would be fun ;P Some of my buddies are more of the "treestand and chill" type. Anyhow, just wanted to shout out from the Hoosier State! Love the forums and what you guys are doing! Keep up the good work!

Welcome!! I need to get up to St Joe County sometime and try my hand at steelhead fishing.

If your buddies continue to balk at the idea of a backpack hunt, see if they'd do a pronghorn hunt. IME it's a good first trip and a great way to have someone catch the 'Western bug'.

Welcome!! I need to get up to St Joe County sometime and try my hand at steelhead fishing.

If your buddies continue to balk at the idea of a backpack hunt, see if they'd do a pronghorn hunt. IME it's a good first trip and a great way to have someone catch the 'Western bug'.

That is a really good idea... I have done most of my research on backpacking otc elk hunts. I will have to look into pronghorn and see what I can come up with. I am sure I could swing that and it is for sure on the list of things I want to do/start doing!

As for steelhead fishing... its huge around here with the various dams on the St. Joe River. From here up into Michigan. That being said... that is one species I have never really gotten into. A lot of big walleye and small mouth in the river around here too! (I would not eat anything from the river though lol).

There are lots of threads on here about planning a pronghorn hunt. I've done more than a few so if you have any questions let me know.

Having never caught a smallmouth I may have to head up your way sometime this spring/summer...

There are lots of threads on here about planning a pronghorn hunt. I've done more than a few so if you have any questions let me know.

Having never caught a smallmouth I may have to head up your way sometime this spring/summer...

Again, I would not eat anything caught in the river... but they are fun to catch! If you do, I can give you some advice so let me know! And I may get with you a little later in the planning. I think I am going to try for a 2017 pronghorn hunt (provided I get the wife's approval) ;P Thinking Wyoming since from what I can tell, it is pretty good odds of getting drawn. That being said, I am not looking for a Boone and Crockett Trophy, I just want to go out west for a week and have a blast, and hopefully put some meat in the freezer ;P As such, I am ok with a unit that may be off the beaten path and maybe not "prime real estate." We will see, I just sorta changed plans so I am behind the power curve a bit and need to look into the application/due dates/ etc. I see you can enter as a group which is cool.

Good luck with the planning. The good news is that you found hunt talk. I can't imagine there are to many other sites with more pronghorn advice/experts on them than this site.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zjzeuske
Back