Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pics and more pics...

Badass, is that your serval? We use to have a savannah.

It was an former roommate's Serval cat. It's daily diet was raw chicken (bones and all) and avocados. Not easy to take to a vet in it's last days as 1) no one but the owner could touch it and 2) she had no legal papers for it.

Meet Gus.

You might sense a theme.

2018%20January%20Last%20Bird%20of%20Season%20and%20Gus%20on%20Stump%20small.jpg

2018%20Gus%20in%20field%20A%20Jan%202018%20small.jpg

2017%20Gus%20&%203%20birds%20November%20small.jpg

2017%20Gus%202%20birds%20&%20antler%2017%20December.jpg

2017%20Gus%20&%202%20birds%20on%20tailgate%2016%20December%20small.jpg

Silver Bullet at 10:30 am. A celebratory boost for the hike in to retrieve the rest of that critter on the mountainside.

fullsizeoutput_596.jpeg

BrentD-
Hank and I will be back in IA for some roosters next year!

I hope you had good hunting in whatever part of the state you hunted this year. With luck, maybe next year will be better. For Gus and I, it was tough hunting for sure, but we worked really hard and got more than our share. We hunted mostly in Green County. We should have spent more time further north and also done a little more prospecting to the Southeast.

It was good enough. We don't really have wild pheasants here, so I enjoyed getting Hank on some wild birds. It was just his second hunting season. We were East of you a bit and hunted mostly between Hwy 30 and I80. We had a more productive (bird numbers wise) trip to Nodak the year before, but Iowa is close enough I can make a long weekend of it. Hoping to do that at least 2X next year.

From NoDak
Untitled by Tyler Staggs, on Flickr

It was good enough. We don't really have wild pheasants here, so I enjoyed getting Hank on some wild birds. It was just his second hunting season. We were East of you a bit and hunted mostly between Hwy 30 and I80. We had a more productive (bird numbers wise) trip to Nodak the year before, but Iowa is close enough I can make a long weekend of it. Hoping to do that at least 2X next year.

From NoDak
Untitled by Tyler Staggs, on Flickr

That is one of the 2'nd coolest dogs I've ever seen;)

1_pointer,

If you drop a little south next year, you may run into some decent numbers of quail. They have been on the upswing the last two years at least.

Next year, who knows where the best spots will be? It will be fun finding out.

In the fall of 2016, Gus retrieved his first Turkey. He was mighty proud of that one. :)

Looks like Hank will be ready for a little bit of anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back