MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Pics and more pics...

1-Pointer, love the kids playing in the creek.

Here's my son on our first creek swim of the year. Clancy Creek is still running cold.

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 605
1-Pointer, love the kids playing in the creek.

Here's my son on our first creek swim of the year. Clancy Creek is still running cold.
Thanks for posting that pic. Helps me tie a loose end together... ;) The pic I posted was a warm day...in January! No kidding.

The "crop" of deer chow has come in nicely for us this year. Three plots along a powerline ROW. This pic is from the top and about 190yds from where the blind will be tucked in to the upper left of the frame.

What does a cash strapped 10yo get his dad for Father's Day...

His little brother calls it a "dinger"! Big Brother hit his second home run of the year on Father's Day morning. Thanks son!

The only, very small dark cloud, on the day was that Grandpa Rickey (my father) never got to see him (them) play baseball. Big Brother is the catcher, throws right, and hits left with power, just like Grandpa did...

Baseball weekend for us as well. Tournament in Columbia Mo, and we learned during the tournament that my oldest son made all state as an infielder as a freshman. Kinda proud, he acted like all district wasn't that big of deal but smiled big when we told him about all State. I love baseball. This was his summer traveling team this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 552
All-State as a freshman is super! Big congrats to the young man. Looks like he can bring the heat as well!

Father in Law with a grayling. Coming from Northern Michigan, grayling are a fabled species, long lost to poor water quality and habitat degradation. He's blown away at how callously we treat brook trout as well.

Bob grayling.jpg

So after I finished building this scaffold, I stood back and thought, "Thats quite a feat of engineering"......shortly after that my wife walked out and said, "Could ya get any more redneck than that?"

Nice to have a wife that is willing to climb up and do the "not fun" work!!

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 517
1 Pointer, that is "dinger form" on that swing for sure.
It's pretty impressive how high level the instruction he has received as part of a community based baseball team. 'Course most all left handed hitters have a prettier swing, and I know I'm biased, but for a 10yo he's got a good looking stroke.

Not as solid on his front side, but a good sequence of pics...

So after I finished building this scaffold, I stood back and thought, "Thats quite a feat of engineering"......shortly after that my wife walked out and said, "Could ya get any more redneck than that?"

Nice to have a wife that is willing to climb up and do the "not fun" work!!

I've used the ladder in the back of the pick up method many times working on steep metal roofs. Works great! Probably the worst fight I've ever had with my wife was when she helped me hang drywall!

I've used the ladder in the back of the pick up method many times working on steep metal roofs. Works great! Probably the worst fight I've ever had with my wife was when she helped me hang drywall!

I've taught my wife that it is best if she just lets me work in peace. She keeps the kids away with busy work and I go to work fixing/building everything. The first few weeks of our basement finish was almost divorce quality arguments.

I put a standing seam concealed fastener metal roof on my house I built. Did everything myself. They make these overshoes that look like sandals. Go on over your shoes. Had a foam pad that velcros to them Stuck like glue. Worth every penny. Even when it was raining they worked great. 6/12 pitch isnt terribly steep. But steep enough.

https://www.korkers.com/footwear/work/tufftrax3-in-1.html

I put a standing seam concealed fastener metal roof on my house I built. Did everything myself. They make these overshoes that look like sandals. Go on over your shoes. Had a foam pad that velcros to them Stuck like glue. Worth every penny. Even when it was raining they worked great. 6/12 pitch isnt terribly steep. But steep enough.

https://www.korkers.com/footwear/work/tufftrax3-in-1.html

Good to know, have some projects coming up that will definitely justify a trial of a pair.

Elk, Bear track, Snake

Attachments

• MFDC6383.jpg
    MFDC6383.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_3855.JPG
    IMG_3855.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 409
Caribou Gear