Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Pics and more pics...

My son's team is the 2017 9U King of the Corn! Lots of rain this weekend, but we were able to get the tournament in. First game was 4-3 win in extra innings. After that the bats woke up. Ten running the next two games!

From the tournament this weekend..

First game on Saturday he hit a triple in his first at bat.

Later that day, but with no video running, he hit his first big fly home run!

Really proud of the boys! They finished 3rd in the tournament and were playing up a division/age group.

It make for a fun and a time both a long and short summer... The oldest is only 9 (until next weekend), but plays about 50 games/summer. The year, the youngest really showed interest and teared up a bit on Saturday as it was his last game for the season. However, he's the first to tell everone since Saturday about his brothers "dinger" as he calls it! :D

What to do on one's 10th birthday...

How about hit a ground rule double with new bat (birthday present) in the morning game?
Then throw 4 shutout innings only giving up 2 hits that afternoon in the championship game to bring home another "chip"?

Fun birthday at the ball park! Followed by dinner out (his choice) and more than a bit of ice cream cake. I think that's a pretty good birthday...

Last edited:
Easton Mako Beast Hyperlite 29"/17oz. Hard to find 2 3/4" barrels that are drop 12. Even though my son's a big, strong kid, I think bat speed and control is easiest with a lighter bat. He's swinging it pretty well so far. The team has given it two nicknames so far:

"White Betsy" and "Great White Hype". Gotta love it!

sl17mk12b_a.jpg

1_pointer.

You sure you didn't clone that boy. Younger version of yourself..

Did you have the same athletic skills?

My daughter is in Ecuador and visiting the Galapagos Islands. So far this is the only picture she has sent. She did call to say that she got chased by a sea lion today though....

IMG_0248.jpg

Doing a small water crossing today with one of my Soldiers. Thursday I start teaching him the M113a3 tracked personnel carrier. Should be fun.

Great pics. Keep adding them!

Youngest trying to keep his britches dry on a creek crossing.

That devolved quickly... :D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back