Caribou Gear

Pics and more pics...

Explanation: My wife and I work here and live here year-round, but unfortunately, we do not own the ranch. Our boss, and his family, come and visit the ranch for about 1 month out of the year. The ranch is 160 acres, surrounded entirely by USFS lands.
The original homestead on the property was located out off the point in the first picture- by where the scree rock comes down and meets the hay meadow. The old foundation is visible after I cut hay in August. This ranch was one of the first homesteads in the valley.
My wife and I have never been more happy. Everyday is a vacation living here and we are very thankful.

Attachments

• Flying Cloud Drone 1.jpg
    Flying Cloud Drone 1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 546
  • Flying Cloud Drone 2.jpg
    Flying Cloud Drone 2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 550
that ground looks awfully horizontal for chukars.........
I didn't say they were wild birds. 'Twas at a preserve, which is about the best I can do for birds in this state. That said, wild chukar in ID is on Hank's bucket list that I made for him...

We had a few days away, a long weekend with friends, way too much food and wine consumed!

This little critter paid a visit everyday
P1020067.jpg

The tiny village of Polperro in Cornwall, i took a wrong turn in my truck and almost got stuck in the narrow street, i had a about an inch either side of my pickup, ended up on the fish quay, no option but to turn around and go back out the same way, i knew we shouldn't have ignored the sign on the way down, 'only permitted vehicles beyond this point'

P1020132.jpg
P1020133.jpg

The we went for a walk along the cliff path, only to find the severe gale force wind was strong enough to send our wives over the cliff, no option but to go back to the accommodation and drink more wine!
P1020083.jpg

Cheers

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back