Yeti GOBOX Collection

Slumberjack bounty 4500

Adam18

I see this is up on camofire at a discount. Anyone have any experience using this pack? I'm ultimately saving up for a good used metcalf, but this pack is tempting me.

I just purchased it on amazon for $130 with free shipping. It is in the green camo pattern but will save you $20-$30 over camofire. Reviews online are limited but I have found only positive feedback from those who claim to have purchased and used it. For that price I figured it was worth a shot. Sounds like SLJ stands behind their products well from what I've read.

I have the SLJ bounty 4500. I've used it for two years now and packed out an elk and several deer. The pack's maiden voyage was helping my buddy pack his bull out. Just under 3.5 miles in nasty terrain. I ran just the frame for that pack out and carried a hind quarter and the head (no cape). Probably around 130 (ish) pounds. I won't say the pack was comfortable because nothing is with that kind of weight, but the pack performed great and I have no complaints. I've packed several deer along with all my hunting gear and once I adjusted the load lifters the heavy load was actually a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be.

I fell several times packing my buddies bull and the pack does not show any signs of the fall. Blood washes out pretty easily. The only real complaint I have about the pack is the main bag has a pouch for a water bladder and nothing else inside of it. It would be nice if it had some extra pockets for organization. I use stuff sacks to keep things organized. There are two pockets on the outside of the main bag, one zips shut and one is open with a draw string type closure (bad description I just can't think of the correct terminology.) These pockets are a slight pain to get into but not too bad. The small day pack has great organization and holds more than I anticipated.

I was a little hesitant about buying the pack because I could't find many reviews on it, but I'm really glad I bought it. It's a good pack, hauls weight very well and has the durability you want. I don't personally see myself going away from it for a very long time. I don't think you will have any buyer's remorse if you buy it. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

I used it in Utah this year, and really liked it for the money. Really versatile, and handled heavy loads well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back