OTC Tags

tmvikings

I know Idaho and and Nebraska have OTC tags but looking for a state that has good amounts of public land. Willing to put in for tags that are easy to draw as well. Best case would be a combo mule deer /antelope hunt. Thanks for any help

I know Idaho and and Nebraska have OTC tags but looking for a state that has good amounts of public land. Willing to put in for tags that are easy to draw as well. Best case would be a combo mule deer /antelope hunt. Thanks for any help

I'm not sure there is any way to do that combo otc . As far as I know all the antelope hunts are a draw. Some easier than others.
Idaho has a ton of public land , Washington is otc and lots of public land to hunt as well but the tag price and short season make it not as desirable. If you like archery go Arizona for mule deer. Montana tags are easy to draw long season just a steep price. I'm heading to Idaho myself.

Good luck to you.

I'm not sure there is any way to do that combo otc . As far as I know all the antelope hunts are a draw. Some easier than others.
Idaho has a ton of public land , Washington is otc and lots of public land to hunt as well but the tag price and short season make it not as desirable. If you like archery go Arizona for mule deer. Montana tags are easy to draw long season just a steep price. I'm heading to Idaho myself.

Good luck to you.
IIRC that combo can be done in ID if you don't mind hunting at least the pronghorns with archery. You have to put in for the archery pronghorn tags, but I think they are unlimited. Deer is OTC until a quota is hit.

What I was actual thinking of doing is applying for a buck mule deer in Wyoming and picking up doe antelope tags, or vice versa. Ran across a lot of guys that were able to get private land permission and they took a lot of whitetail does NE area. I do archery hunt but my hunting buddy does not so I guess that option is out. After looking seems like only one area is a sure bet for mule deer tags in Wyoming. Idaho does sound interesting as well as Colorado

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back