PEAX Equipment

16/116 LIGHTWEIGHT HUNTER thoughts or comments?

Went and got my hands on one.

If it definitely qualifies as lightweight.

Overall fit and finish was not bad.

Definitely appears to be designed for manufacturing and design for assembly.

There was kind of a funny little ring just in front of the bolt handle. If the bolt is all the way opened, or removed from the action, that little ring can come off. Not easily, but can come off, and possibly be lost.

The detachable box magazine doesn't give the most positive of latching indicators, but likely adequate.

IMG_9492.jpg

IMG_9491.jpg

I picked up one of these in .308 yesterday. I've been looking at them for a while and just couldn't resist it at the sale price. I've never owned a .308, so I'd be interested in hearing some recommendations on ammo. Also need to decide what scope to put on it. This is going to be my lightweight mountain rifle. All of my other rifles have Leupold scopes on them, but I've never been concerned with weight. What do you guys think as far as ammo and scope?

I picked up one of these in .308 yesterday. I've been looking at them for a while and just couldn't resist it at the sale price. I've never owned a .308, so I'd be interested in hearing some recommendations on ammo. Also need to decide what scope to put on it. This is going to be my lightweight mountain rifle. All of my other rifles have Leupold scopes on them, but I've never been concerned with weight. What do you guys think as far as ammo and scope?

I have two .308s that both shoot 1/2 moa with CFE223 under 150 Interlocks, at 2900+ fps. I am a fan of the fixed-power SWFA Super Sniper scopes in either 6x, or 10x. You will enjoy that rifle.

I owned one in 7mm mag/116, and one in 22-250/16. Make sure it has the accustock, I like the accutrigger but I replaced a couple of my savages with timneys. Great gun for the price light weight and great shooters. Both shot sub moa with multiple factory ammos.

Love mine picked it up new for a good deal $460. Here is some 100 yard groups factory honady ammo 140 grains 3x9 leupold scope combo weighs 6lb 11 oz. Cold barrel group was 5/8"KINDLE_CAMERA_1496388662000.jpgKINDLE_CAMERA_1496388019000.jpgKINDLE_CAMERA_1496388041000.jpg

What? I can't get mine on paper. Oh wait, that may be my lack of skill with a rifle. Freaking shotgun only states......

It blows my mind how states will handi cap their hunters! Best of luck to ya. They make some great shooting rifled shotguns now days.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back