Leatherman Tools

MJE2083

I'm considering purchasing a Leatherman tool for my father as a retirement gift. I was reading on another forum where people were saying that Leatherman is anti-gun and has donated $$ to environmentalist groups that are anti-hunting/anti-public lands access. I trust the opinion of most of the people on here the most when it comes to this short of thing so I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into these claims. I don't get too bent out of shape about where I spend my money and that sort of thing, just curious.

I have not heard that at all, but that doesn't mean much. I have a few because they are so handy.

Never heard that one but I guess its possible. However, don't they make tools specifically for hunting and also for guns. I think they call the one the MUT. Its hard to think they would market to one set of clients and then donate elsewhere. I'll be interested to see what others say.

Never heard this before but that doesnt mean much i guess. I do know they make a dang nice multi-tool.

Gerber (A Fresh Tracks partner I believe) has entered the market. Big Fin has shown the "center drive" made by them. Seems to solve an age old "problem" of off centered screw driven modes for folding multi tools.

Back