Help with scope

Just an update and a thanks to all who commented. Really taken by the leupold fire dot VX-6 but cannot find anyone here in the UK who stocks them. So looked at Z3 and read there were potential issues with accuracy on larger calibres due to recoil and as it is to go on a 30-06 without a moderator felt a bit unsure. I cannot stretch to a Z6i but could look at a 1.7-10x42 Z6 (about the same price as the Z3) and forego the illumination with an 4a reticle I think this will be OK. Will still hunt for the Leupold but if it still is unavailable in the UK as least I have a fallback.

BE

Regarding the Swarovski, you jumped from the Z3 to the Z6 but did you consider the Z5? Its not too much more expensive than the Z3 but has several of the improvements that the Z6 has at quite a bit less $$ wise. The Z5 is the cheapest model that has the 4 point coil spring that is supposed to help it handle the larger recoils and to hold its zero. I bought a Z5 last year and have it mounted to a Tikka T3 Lite in 30-06 and it hasn't had any issues holding a zero even with the high recoil of such a light gun. I couldn't be happier with it.

Hi all, thanks for all your comments. Went and looked at Z3, Z5 &Z6. Z6 was nice but had quite poor eye relief when I looked through it, Z5 was the heaviest but very nice. To me the Z3 was the clearest and had the best eye relief. The one I looked through had a BXR reticle which negates the need for ballistic turrets. so have gone for the Z3 3-10x42

Fine selection BE. The Ballistic Reticle Fine would also be my choice among the Swarovski defined stadia reticles.

Back