Caribou Gear

Sonoran (AZ) Smorgasbord

Shot a duck this morning. Should have filled my javelina tag, but took the wrong "short cut" to intercept them. Tons of deer, but no decent bucks today. Tomorrow is the day!

This is one of the funnest places I've been to in a long time. Besides so much hunting, the scenery is remarkable.

View attachment 66499
Photo credit Steven Drake.

Great photo with Baboquivari peak in the background. Love that area. Just spent a week a little north of there and it sure was hard to come home, supposed to snow tomorrow. Good luck!

Last edited:
So close. So fun. But the show must move on. Had I the patience to sit water, the outcome may have been different, though I doubt the fun could have been matched.

IMG_1577.jpg

I leave Arizona with tags still in my pocket, and my first Mearns quail in the bag. I'll be back next year and the next year and the.......

I did not expect this trip to so exciting and just plain enjoyable. I am grateful for the friends who joined us and shared the time afield.

Sounds like you had a great time if you are already planning a return trip! Definately cool country

Looks like a ton of fun. Would love to burn my points there on a rifle coues hunt. Just too much other stuff going on right now. I have absolutely no desire to build 40 points for a mule deer Strip tag that I'm never going to draw.

Finally home from this extended Coues hunt/SHOT show/Sheep show trip. Laid up with the normal post-trade show bug that gets me every time.

A few more pics of an amazing place with the of best friends. All photo credits to Steve Drake.

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_8325.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

The benefits of a photographer such as Steven Drake is that he is a very serious hunter, making it much easier for him to capture the essence of the hunt.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_7420.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_9204.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

My best MacArthur impression of "I shall return!"
IMG_0954.jpg

Nice pictures. I can see why you never got close to the animals, the picture with you and your uncle shows your watch shining like a light house.

Man, those are great photos! As an aside, I just listened to the podcast that Steve did with Adam Janke. Good listen.

Just watched the quail hunt video --- captured the experience really nicely! Count me lucky to have grown up in southern Arizona --- quail great here, in the field and on the grill!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back