MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Leupold mojave disappointment

finley31

I picked up a pair of bx-3 10x42 mojaves from cabelas last week on sale for $250 as an upgrade to the bx-2 acadias I've ran for the last couple years. Looking through them was a little underwhelming for me as I was expecting more of an improvement. I've compared them to my wife's diamondbacks and really can't tell any difference. I was considering returning them and trying out the viper hds or the pro guide hds but I worry that I would be in the same situation I am now and should just wait until I can spring something better.

Has anyone else compared the acadias to the mojaves? Also, will I see much of an improvement in quality going from the mojaves to a viper hd or pro guide hd mojave?

You would have seen a little difference going to the Pro-Guides. But overall $250 isn't going to be much of an upgrade over anything already costing $200 or more.

I haven't used the Mojaves or Acadias, but I have used the Diamondbacks and Vipers and for me there was a definite difference in between those two Vortex models. The price tag of even higher end glass is a tough hurdle to get over, but I'm using some Leicas right now that I'm very impressed with. There's a lot of truth to the old adage, "buy once, cry once," but at the same time you have to see where binos fit with the rest of life's demands.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back