MT FWP New Director

I don't know where you would find a map but back in the early 80's Reg 7 was broken up into a bunch of small districts. I can not remember the number. I would put in for antelope in district 742 so I would assume that there was at least 42.

antler, don't know about their ever being 42 districts in 700. But if you look at some of the maps there are 5-6 boundaries laid out already, 701-705, if memory serves correct. This would be simple to allot a number of tags to each area according to antelope populations.

antler, don't know about their ever being 42 districts in 700. But if you look at some of the maps there are 5-6 boundaries laid out already, 701-705, if memory serves correct. This would be simple to allot a number of tags to each area according to antelope populations.

Mind boggling that this isn't done. Would love to hear the explanation on it from anybody that believes the way it's done now makes any sense at all..

team, I agree with that.

tjones, I do not know that I would have asked that question had it been a man, on account that I would ignorantly assume that all MEN hunt....

Ben, I can agree that it may not matter.....and I hope it does not matter.

Is she anti-hunting? Maybe that would have been a better question, or would it matter?

Is she anti hunting, really, is that a serious question?

And assuming most women don't?

6-8% of Americans hunt. Of the aprox 14 million people that make up the 8% (depending which stat you use), around 11% of them are women. So no, 'most' women don't. Neither do most men.

6-8% of Americans hunt. Of the aprox 14 million people that make up the 8% (depending which stat you use), around 11% of them are women. So no, 'most' women don't. Neither do most men.

Figured it was clear we were talking about Montana folks since the discussion was about the new director not most Americans.

2ski. All regions are split into districts or units. In the case of doe deer and antelope tags have in the past been allocated region wide. No sideboards at all. Now region 7 encompasses a huge chunk of the state. When thousands of tags are issued not one thing is keeping every hunter from showing up in broadus, circle or baker to hunt. I believe that an area the size of region 7 in order to be managed needs a population count In each district and tags issued for that district accordingly. I Would like to see deer doe tags taken one step further and be primarily issued for private land in the districts that warrant doe tags

you're right. It was a long day yesterday so my head wasn't exactly clear. My bad.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back