MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Mexico Elk

jvanderlinde

Does anybody know how to find maps of the New Mexico unit wide ranches? I can find UW LO list but I cant seem to locate the maps anywhere.
Thanks

You have to go to the courthouse in that county and find them. They do not publish such.

Is there a unit wide 16E map? Primarily showing access roads and water sources, either digital or paper? I currently have the onXmap for NM, and I went to this area over the weekend, but wasn't able to find the access points. I did have a few areas where I was fining public ground landlocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a unit wide 16E map? Primarily showing access roads and water sources, either digital or paper? I currently have the onXmap for NM, and I went to this area over the weekend, but wasn't able to find the access points. I did have a few areas where I was fining public ground landlocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what you are looking for on your maps. The onXmaps system shows all the roads, whether you are looking to get into Pelona or Luera, the two main complexes of public lands. Luera is accessed via a road (if you want to call it that) just north of Paddy's Hole. The Pelonas can be accessed from East, South, and West. Or, if you find the Salvo ranch on the north (assuming they are still in the E-Plus Unit Wide program) you can hike in from there, albeit a very long hike.

I was primarily looking for access roads you mentioned. I downloaded the BLM map for the unit showing land ownership, but was finding (or not finding) things that were actually there. I saw the access road you mentioned for Luera, along with the easement due to the good work by RMEF! It looks like this whole area is state ground and my understanding is that camping is not allowed in this area. I was actually using the AZGFD website and overlaying them to land ownership from the BLM map. Long story short, am was trying to find good maps of this area, I appreciate your help Randy.

BF pretty much sums it up.
BLM for road work, but still limited.Most of those red lines are private. Long walks are the norm.
NMG&F has interactive map site w/BLM, state & FS access points. You can download whole topos in each unit.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back