Colorado statewide sheep and goat raffle

Question for Oak.

Never hunted sheep or goat in my home state. What are the odds of a good hunt in Colorado? 100% for a good hunt . It is hunting. But, for a successful hunt, without experience, is 5 % realistic?

Just wondering.

I drew an S12 archery tag in 2007. I think I had 3+7 points. I left MI with my wife and two young kids and returned without a ram for the start of school in September. Still the best month of my life. I'd say you have 100% chance of a good hunt if you go DIY and give it your all.

I don't put in for RM Bighorn anymore in CO. I had my chance, I figure I should give someone else that chance. I do put in for the raffle tag though. Some years more than others, but always try to support the good guys at RMBS and the work they do for the sheep.

I may not be good enough looking to win a sheep or goat tag (Ill try though), but Id sure take one of those rifles...tickets bought

Odds for pronghorn are currently better than the odds for the Swaro raffles. We are just about ready to start the 3rd Swaro raffle, so get your tickets for the second and get in the 3rd when I announce it. Interesting thing about the rifle raffles: sales for the 6.5 exceed the Nosler for "in person" sales where the buyer can handle the rifles, but the Nosler is outpacing the 6.5 in online sales. Ultimately, sales for both rifles are within a ticket or two of one another. The 6.5 group with factory ammo is just silly....

Wish I could go to the banquet....but I'll still be accepting phone calls for the winning ticket for a ram.

Good man, T Bone. Just threw your tickets in the hopper. Thanks for the reminder that:

Odds on the statewide pronghorn are still absurdly good for a "governor's tag." There are still a ton of tickets left for the rifles, and I'll sell all the optics tickets you will purchase. ;) Only 13 days left to purchase tickets online.

I donated.When will they post auction items for the banquet?I'd like to see what's up for bid

Thank you to everyone who supported us by purchasing tickets. We broke a lot of records this year. I'm not sure if there are any Hunt Talkers on the winners list besides Sandbrew, who is going goat hunting this year.

2017 winners:

Optics raffle #1
Charles Monson - North Dakota

Optics raffle #2
Gilbert Reyes - Hawaii

Optics raffle #3
David Hay - Alberta

Weaver 28 Nosler
Greg Naugle - Colorado

Pronghorn
Mike Swanson - Colorado

Mountain Goat
John Legnard - Colorado

Bighorn Sheep
Victor Clark - Nevada

Tickets are available online for optics raffle #4, as well as a few left for the 6.5 Hipster. We will be starting another very, very cool raffle this week, which I unfortunately can't disclose quite yet.

Thank you to everyone who supported us by purchasing tickets. We broke a lot of records this year. I'm not sure if there are any Hunt Talkers on the winners list besides Sandbrew, who is going goat hunting this year.

2017 winners:

Optics raffle #1
Charles Monson - North Dakota

Optics raffle #2
Gilbert Reyes - Hawaii

Optics raffle #3
David Hay - Alberta

Weaver 28 Nosler
Greg Naugle - Colorado

Pronghorn
Mike Swanson - Colorado

Mountain Goat
John Legnard - Colorado

Bighorn Sheep
Victor Clark - Nevada

Tickets are available online for optics raffle #4, as well as a few left for the 6.5 Hipster. We will be starting another very, very cool raffle this week, which I unfortunately can't disclose quite yet.

I don't know Mr. Clark personally but I've seen pictures of him in a well-known sheep hunting book with some very good rams. Looks like he'll have a chance to add another to his collection. Incredible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back