Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado statewide sheep and goat raffle

I like this raffle. Great prizes. I look at as a donation, so I am never disappointed.

Nice to see someone on here that wins, but it still for a good cause. Organization has it together.

I thought I'd follow up with the results of the raffle and auction licenses. I don't have a photo handy yet of the raffle pronghorn. As you might know, the CO auction and raffle program offers the same number of auction and raffle licenses for each species (one each for moose, sheep and goat; two each for deer, elk and pronghorn). All the rules, valid hunting areas, and season dates are identical for the auction and raffle license holders.

Sandbrew killed a great long-haired billy with the raffle goat license. It looks pretty good after sliding/rolling 2,000 vertical feet.

Raffle goat1small.jpg

The auction goat hunter got it done in November with his bow. Super fluff.

Auction goat1small.jpg

The raffle sheep hunter killed an outstanding CO ram in early November, green scoring 187 4/8". Cool thing about this 9 year old ram: he was harvested from a transplant herd that was created with an initial transplant in January 2009 funded by RMBS and the CPW auction and raffle program, when this ram was 8 months old. Looking back to the transplant records, there was one ram lamb in the initial transplant.

Raffle Ram1small.jpg

The auction hunter finished up the season yesterday with this amazing 14 year old ram that green scores 183".

Auction ram1smallsmall.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who purchased tickets. These 5 licenses raised $285,325 that goes 100% back into species management. A side note: the raffle sheep and goat licenses generated more money than their auction counterparts this year. Raffle tickets for the 2018 licenses will go on sale one month from today.

Beautiful animals, congrats to all those hunters. The 14 year old ram sounds like an old warrior, how long is the life span for sheep and goats?

A side note: the raffle sheep and goat licenses generated more money than their auction counterparts this year. Raffle tickets for the 2018 licenses will go on sale one month from today.

14yo for a rocky? Wow, very impressive!

Good work on raising more funds. Maybe, just maybe, we can get away from the auction tags at some point.

What where the 5 licenses? 3 raffle (S/G/A?) and 2 auction (S/G)?

Do you get the 3:1 match with PR funds?

Beautiful animals, congrats to all those hunters. The 14 year old ram sounds like an old warrior, how long is the life span for sheep and goats?

14yo for a rocky? Wow, very impressive!

14 is very old for a Rocky. That's probably right near the top for both rams and billies.

Good work on raising more funds. Maybe, just maybe, we can get away from the auction tags at some point.

I've always been partial to raffles over auctions, but it is difficult to match auction revenue.

What where the 5 licenses? 3 raffle (S/G/A?) and 2 auction (S/G)?

Yes, those are the 5 that RMBS was awarded to administer for the state. Colorado has a total of 9 auction and 9 raffle licenses.

Do you get the 3:1 match with PR funds?

That's a difficult question to answer. I've asked it several times and am not sure I fully understand. But I believe that Colorado already maxes out their potential PR revenue via regular license sales. Someone who understands PR funding may be able to elaborate.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back