2016 Public Land Pig ~ Kalistan

Congrats on a Fatty! It's funny for me to hear about guys that have low density pig property. Here in FL that biggest problem is finding where they are today, but once you do you can find them pretty easily all over. I.E. are they in the wet areas or hanging under the cabbage palms, or hitting wallows.

Most pigs out here are on private property (year round water) so catching them on public is pretty rare. But I also grew up in SW GA so have seen both sides of the equation. It is fun hunting these guys in the mountains out here since you can hunt them like other western game. Primarily spot and stalk in good country, though it is hard to beat sneaking through a gator infested slough with a shotgun hunting pigs mere yards away... The good old days.

Yes, stupid idea to drag it, especially in the middle of the day in CA summer. I guess an ice chest full of cold ones back at the truck can call for despite measures! That was a really nice pig, except it looked tiny next to the mutant that the young lady took down that day.

That's a fatty, congrats. I've had my battles dragging those critters around. It always seems easier before you start. The last boar my nephew shot last month, we did gutless method and it worked out great.

Yes, stupid idea to drag it, especially in the middle of the day in CA summer. I guess an ice chest full of cold ones back at the truck can call for despite measures! That was a really nice pig, except it looked tiny next to the mutant that the young lady took down that day.

I thought I had a good pig until seeing that one! It looked like someone knocked the horns off a steer and put them in its face! Almost time to do it again...

Back