Sheep pics

Southern Elk

Everybody likes Bighorn pics, right? Enjoy!

Attachments

• Sheep.jpg
    Sheep.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 550
  • Sheep1.jpg
    Sheep1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 491
  • Sheep3.jpg
    Sheep3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 550
Sorry for the poor quality cell phone pics, but that's all I had. I have lots more, but I'm having trouble getting them to load. I will try again later.

Looks like they are having to work a bit for their grub.

It would be interesting to know the percentage of bighorn sheep west-wide that have ear tags or collars. Obviously it's a fraction of a percent, but it's a much higher fraction than for other species.

Good lookin critters. I noticed a couple have collars as well.

I think this is the group that was dipped into for the relocation referenced in this thread a while back.

I believe you are correct. I think they've done two relocations with that herd in the past few years. They only moved them 20 miles or so north. I wondered if those collared ones found their way back to the old herd? It would be interesting to know how many, if any, stayed in the relocation area.

Looks like they are having to work a bit for their grub.

It would be interesting to know the percentage of bighorn sheep west-wide that have ear tags or collars. Obviously it's a fraction of a percent, but it's a much higher fraction than for other species.

The snow gets really deep there. It makes you wonder why they pick that spot to winter, when they could find food easier a few miles away at a similar elevation.

I wondered if those collared ones found their way back to the old herd? It would be interesting to know how many, if any, stayed in the relocation area.

I'd be very interested in knowing this as well. That's not very far.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back