Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

DIY shoulder mount?

Its a little bit like doing my own trim carpentry... I look at it and see every pathetic line that is wrong. The deer I'm doing now are big ones and I hope I don't screw things up on them, I would never have the balls to do a sheep or something other than a dumb old deer/elk, those capes are just money if you hack them, easily replaceable next season or from a seller. Pay the price with a needle and thread and you will learn to go slower when fleshing!!

That's funny southwind, now I feel better about my solo try... Been awhile since I saw an open mouth/real teeth deer mount What company makes that form?

You did a really great job squirrel! I am afraid if I tried I would end up with the one I posted. Oh, and it was box of rags form company.;)

Hold my beer, I got this.
View attachment 66337

Holy smokes, I think they just hacked off the head and nailed it to the wall, maybe stuffed a rag or two down the throat. :)

squirrel, yours turned out waaaay above average for a DIY'er, those are pretty good! My dad trained me in finish carpentry, I now cannot walk into a house without silently judging every stick of trim, door, window, shelf, and cabinet. Bad taxidermy just bugs me the same way, and it might be worse because I wouldn't know where to start in fixing it...

Last edited:
Ordered some forms over the weekend. I'll keep you guys in the loop on how it goes!

Also ordered a mallard mount. Only thing worse than paying a taxi $500 for a deer is paying $400 for a duck ha... even if I fail at mounting a deer if I can come out of this with being able to do waterfowl I'll be happy!

Ordered some forms over the weekend. I'll keep you guys in the loop on how it goes!

Also ordered a mallard mount. Only thing worse than paying a taxi $500 for a deer is paying $400 for a duck ha... even if I fail at mounting a deer if I can come out of this with being able to do waterfowl I'll be happy!
How did it turn out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back