MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Phone Skope

MTBirdhunter

Decided to finally purchase a phone skope this new year. I will be getting a new phone in the coming weeks also, I see that makes a difference on what to purchase. Anyone using a phone skope have any reviews or hints?

Love the phone skope. I use an iPhone, so this may not be relevant to android.

Hints:

Use the focus lock on your phone camera. On iPhone the focus lock is engaged by holding your finger on the point of the screen where you want it to focus until the message AE/AF Lock shows on top of the screen. You can disengage the lock just by touching the screen again.

Use a remote shutter release or verbal command release. Phone skope sells one that works pretty well. It is impossible to touch your phone to release the shutter without getting shake and resulting blurriness.

I have a Novagrade adapter for my phone. It's aluminum so a little heavier than a phoneskope but is completely adjustable to any phone and even small tablets while also being interchangeable to different eyepieces. I figure I'll justify paying a little more the first time I upgrade to a different phone.

I have a Novagrade adapter for my phone. It's aluminum so a little heavier than a phoneskope but is completely adjustable to any phone and even small tablets while also being interchangeable to different eyepieces. I figure I'll justify paying a little more the first time I upgrade to a different phone.

Ok, so like I said , I am getting a new phone first, you suggested a Novagrade adapter, this works with a phone skope? I am not techy, just wondering what I would need to make it work, thanks...ok, just went on there website, looks like it is a different product all together, even for cameras

Last edited:
I figure I'll justify paying a little more the first time I upgrade to a different phone.
The main downside of the phone skope is that you will likely have to replace the case portion every time you upgrade your phone. Thanks Steve Jobs.

Like mine. I have the remote shutter from phone scope. It works well, although most of the time I just use the 2 second timer on my phone which solves the same problem. The remote work great for taking self pics of you and you animal.

So. I had a universal adjustable dohickey that was just horrible le. Don't go that route. I didnt want to spend the money, but I bought one myself. It is really nice, works perfectly, UT is an overpriced piece of plastic with no other real competitor on the market. It is two pieced so if you switch phone or optics your only out the 30 bucks for a new piece, no biggie.

I've found it to be ice for scouting but not essential.

Back