Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

New rifle and some BBQ meat

Kiwi

Got myself a new rifle earlier this month. Its a 7mm Rem Mag with a VX6 scope. Last week I did two separate DOC land hunting trips and each time shot a meat stag. That's about all my knees can take! It was about 2 hrs to my car.

New rifle, while it still looks new!

Type of country I hunted

In total I saw about 12 red deer. I shot a spike and this one which had a poor head.

Saw two ok stags that might be worth a look next month when the antlers are hard.

Then like all good kiwis it was time for a new years lamb spit

Looks like a nice rifle/scope package and some beautiful country. Throw in a few lava rocks and you got yourself some nice looking chukar country. That lamb looks great, what a way to start the new year.

Good job kiwi! Nice rifle to! That lamb looks delicious, I can't help but notice your new year is a whole lot greener than it is in Montana!

Great photos, I really enjoy seeing pics of hunting in places I dream about hunting .......... someday. I just put a VX6 (my first VX6 ever) on a new rifle and have been very impressed with the scope. Keep sharing the pics and good luck when the antlers harden, I'll be looking for more photos.

Looks like a nice rifle/scope package and some beautiful country. Throw in a few lava rocks and you got yourself some nice looking chukar country. That lamb looks great, what a way to start the new year.
We don't have chukar as far as I know but a lot of lava rocks! the whole area is volcanic and we have a bit of activity now and then, makes a change from earthquakes.

Good job kiwi! Nice rifle to! That lamb looks delicious, I can't help but notice your new year is a whole lot greener than it is in Montana!
Yes, much greener. Its a really nice time of year to hunt. Plenty of food about for the deer to feed on, and the deer are usually very active. Great time to fill the freezer for summer BBQ's.

A7 or 85 Kiwi?...bolt shroud looks A7'ish....nice rig, good choice on the glass.

....tasty looking eats, well done.

It's just a Tikka T3. Can't really justify getting a sako, and have been happy with the tikka for 15 years. I've had a 595 and this is my second T3.

Super!! That rifle will cover a whole lot of hunting. Fantastic looking country!

Do you have any additional pics of that spit? I'm thinking I would like to build one of those for my cabin!

No worries. I'm guessing my "google-fu" will turn up something I can build. Again, congrats and thanks for sharing the pics.

We don't have chukar as far as I know but a lot of lava rocks! the whole area is volcanic and we have a bit of activity now and then, makes a change from earthquakes.

we do in the south island,,give uou a fright when they take off

Shot a couple more stags since I last posted, including this one.

I plan to get a euro done with the velvet preserved.

Gotta like that old school spit. I haven't seen one since I was a kid.

Back