When do people have time to listen to podcasts...

Bukwild3

1229160322b.jpg
I'm listening on my way to hunt ducks as a front moves through. And yep that is 72 degs. Louisiana at its finest! When do y'all find time to listen? Ep47 has some great info for a new western hunter.

I can listen to them while I'm at work because I spend most of my time sitting in front of a computer. Also while driving, working out, doing the dishes, and any other chore where your ears aren't busy.

Mainly when I'm out jogging. Just hit 1,999.8 miles for the year last night, should hit my goal of 2,016 miles in 2016.

I listen when I'm driving, reloading, hiking, and doing more mindless construction work solo. If I can do a task subconsciously, I can listen and do it, if I have to think actively it's a no go.

For working out I prefer music.

Mainly when I'm out jogging. Just hit 1,999.8 miles for the year last night, should hit my goal of 2,016 miles in 2016.

Dam that is dedication. Over 5.5 miles per day every single day of the year. Good on ya.

I usually listen to them while in the vehicle. With my job I often spend 5-6 hours in a vehicle and I can usually catch up on the podcasts I listen to.

I have an hour commute to work, so might as well have some fun. Here are some other times it comes in handy:

Sitting in the deer stand, bear stand, elk stand, only use one ear phone though.

Ice fishing

Driving anywhere else

My evening walks, usually try to get 4 to 6 miles in. One of last week's walk was -8 deg. F, great for taking your mind off the cold.

Work takes me out overnight 90 nights a year and I put on about 45,000 miles without leaving my home State of South Dakota. So I have tons of driving time not counting the commute.

I certainly could use more podcasts from Randy, they are my favorites. Also listen to the Meat Eater podcast and the Gritty Bowman. I also use the Audible service now owned by Amazon and get 2 recorded books/month for about $15.

Like most are saying I listen mostly while commuting to work, doing yard work, running, cycling and my personal favorite - while driving back and forth to hunting locations.

I'm not sure I could have stopped without doing another 2/10ths of a mile, but then again I'm lucky if i'm able to walk let alone jog.

I'm not sure I could have stopped without doing another 2/10ths of a mile, but then again I'm lucky if i'm able to walk let alone jog.

I didn't realize I was that close until I logged the run afterward. I'll hit 2,000 with tonights run for sure.

I don't run everyday, I checked my running log and I've run 282 days so far this year so my average on the days I actually run is just a little over 7 miles. Probably close to half the days that I don't run are when I'm hunting or getting to or from a hunt. Some days I just take a break! ;)

Getting out and doing something is the key. Just being active whether walking or running is a huge help.

Mostly at work, driving to and from, anytime I am in the office I have Randy's or the Meateater podcast on.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back