Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Cabelas Carnivore Grinder Review

Looks like quite the grinder. Hopefully you have lots of meat to run through it. I think for my needs it would be way overkill.

I have about 100lbs myself this year, and probably 3x that with buddies around.

I have a 3/4 HP (different brand) which works fine. I think most people that go with this HP wish they had a 1 HP. I agree the added power would be nice

I have the previous model cabelas 3/4 horse. Love it. I've never wished for more power, it grinds meat as fast as I could want and its really easy to make a big mess (grind a ton) and then have to spend a bunch of time on packaging, etc.

I have an older version one horse (not the carnivore) and we have put hundreds of pounds of meat through it. The new ones have some real good features and I would really like to get a new one, but it is hard to justify the cost, as long as this one works so well.

I also had a 3/4 horse that I traded to a buddy. It, too, had done gobs of grinding. Cabela's grinders get a thumbs up from me every time.

I have a 1 hp Cabelas grinder. It has a reverse switch, not sure if the 3/4 hp one does or not. It sure comes in handy at times. The foot pedal switch is the best accessory you can get. No more fumbling around with bloody hands feeling for that shut off switch on the back. I can grind and stuff by myself easily using it.

3/4 hp Cabela's grinder user here for the past several years. Gets lots of use and no complaints.

Gotta love Cabela's lifetime guaranty ...... three years ago I bought a Cabela's commercial grade vacuum sealer and it worked great for those three years until two weeks ago when it crapped out. Brought in the unit (no receipt or box) to the store and left 10 min later with NIB unit.

I picked one up. Review to follow this weekend. Unless I go hunting...Review to follow next weekend.

This is what I use. It is an old family grinder I inherited from my wife's dad and uncle. It will grind as fast as you can feed it.

image.jpg

Looks like a great place to lose a finger with all of those belts running.

I couldn't see where the "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval was, and somehow Underrighters Laboratory stamps seem missing, but I bet that thing can't be stopped by over feeding it.

I asked my wife's uncles if it was OSHA approved. He said yes.......in 1901. Seriously, I realize it isn't the safest and am hoping to have some covers fashioned for the belts. The tray is a homemade add on for safety purposes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back