Yeti GOBOX Collection

Long time Stalker and finally signed up

rmauch20

Finally signed up to forum. Been on here awhile just reading only. All of my hunting up to this point has been in western Kansas (Whitetail and Muley's) so I have enjoyed learning about the western hunting. I am just starting to buy points in Colorado and Wyoming this year. Saving my pennies for a elk in 2018 most likely, but haven't ruled out trying to put something together this year. Probably going to use a outfitter since it would be my first time out and I currently have zero elk experience. Thanks for added me to the forum.

Welcome!! There's no need to go with an outfitter. Keep doing your research and absord any and all knowledge you can and go out and do it. There's tons of information on here and on Randy's videos and podcasts. It's a big endeavor but it's worth it.

Last edited:
Welcome!! There's no need to go with an outfitter. Keep doing your research and absord any and all knowledge you can and go out and do it. There's tons of information on here and on Randy's videos and podcasts. It's a big endeavor but it's worth it.

^^ This. The money you save on an outfitter can go to gear that will allow you to go out every year.

^^ This. The money you save on an outfitter can go to gear that will allow you to go out every year.

Absolutely agree. With all the guys on here I'd much rather spend that money on top notch gear.

I'll keep that in mind. Gear and quality appropriate clothing is the goal for this year.

Welcome from a fellow Kansan currently stationed in Wyo, if you need or want any info about Wyo just let me know. I do it all DIY on public ground here and filled a few tags so far by luck, if I can do it you can too. I travel to Western KS frequently to bird and deer hunt. Still looking to fill my first muley tag in western KS, the bastards seem to have my number! (archery) Kind of sad that I've taken more elk in the short time I've been in Wyo than I have muleys in my home state! Like the other gentlemen stated, save your money and do it on your own, it'll be a lot more work but well worth the reward.

Sounds good. It seems to me at least the Mule deer population has taken a hit over the last five years in the area I hunt in at least (Ellis and Ness county). I don't know about further west.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back