Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Breaking in a Christmas present

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

I very recently retired my Filson strap vest, which I purchased at the Powder Horn in Bozeman 18 years ago. I replaced it with a Wing Works vest, made in Hailey, Idaho.

508D4519-B64F-4429-A372-A5912C23FC1C_zpsmiwgqas6.jpg

Henry wired and ready to rock

EB90A907-836D-4D5D-A9A1-F015CA111B6F_zpsmngfjggd.jpg

Red legs could run quite well on the snow today. Any shred of sympathy or remorse that I had a couple of weeks ago for shooting them in the deep powder quickly vanished.

303A3551-3A3F-48A7-9271-9B3FDC58A50B_zpszn3uncqo.jpg

They liked eating where the bulls were hanging out.

D569A510-55BC-4121-9EA9-BB44ECA76724_zpszw8ok8pw.jpg

There were six big boys in this saddle

E1C0A8D3-7E90-490B-8E6E-B3307520C713_zpsuiuyqblt.jpg

Panorama doesn't do this view justice to the Grand Canyon of the northwest

18BF38FD-EB93-4A59-A24D-9482DEB58D48_zps7e0ipqsa.jpg

Big drifts

7B6FDBB0-E06A-4E10-A9FC-B2673B1AF2BC_zpsmoo9x9xb.jpg

Henry executed a 200 yard retrieve down this chute. He was probably thinking I wish dad would shoot better and I shouldn't have been jacking around while the bird was tumbling down the hill

D9DA8D54-BCBA-471C-B0A5-D14072F85AE7_zpsho3ep5ad.jpg

A tired dog

834F291D-41FF-4A38-ACBC-38FD87D5336B_zpsh7l3vzrm.jpg

Stupid good pics!! Well done Henry! The other guy too... ;)

How'd you like the new vest? I hadn't heard of that one. The guys from ID that I hunt with are big on Buck's Bags.

I have a Filson and at the rate I get to use it figure it should last about 14 lifetimes.

Stupid good pics!! Well done Henry! The other guy too... ;)

How'd you like the new vest? I hadn't heard of that one. The guys from ID that I hunt with are big on Buck's Bags.

I have a Filson and at the rate I get to use it figure it should last about 14 lifetimes.

I love the vest. It's hands down nicer than the Bucks Bags. My Filson still has plenty of life left, but I'm tired of trying to make it work for this kind of hunting. This one is much easier on the shoulders.

Great pics, I think I got a bit winded just looking at that steep ol' country.

I did have a bit of a scare yesterday when a large rock gave way on me when I was descending through some cliffs. Fortunately, said BFR caromed off of my leg instead of through it.

Henry and I were both hobbling around the house last night.

I'm surprised to see bare ground where you're hunting. We're getting bombed with snow. We'll be lucky to have many chukar left after this winter. I wish ODFW would step up and enact an emergency closure like they used to. The birds get forced down to the roads and the road hunters are slaughtering them. When they break those coveys up late in the day the singles can freeze to death overnight. To many guys take the "kill them all for revenge" jokes seriously.

I love the vest. It's hands down nicer than the Bucks Bags. My Filson still has plenty of life left, but I'm tired of trying to make it work for this kind of hunting. This one is much easier on the shoulders.
Good to hear! Chasing chukar in that country has different requirements than the planted ones we have here. Glad it's working out for you. It looks well thought out.

Fancy new gear, congrats! That breaks country ain't much fun when its wet, frozen or snow covered.

I think I'm jealous. I've never felt that way about a bird hunt before.

I'm selling the pattern to Kuiu. What should i call it?

Rock solid or On Point camo would be good names.

That vest looks sweet. I also wore out my Filson this year and picked up a Bucks Bag vest for a screaming deal at their shop. They made a couple extra for an order from a pheasant club in South Dakota and I picked up the one Large they had extra. Nice vest that carries everything Rudy and I need cor a day of hunting. I will keep that vest company in mind when this new vest of mine wears out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back