Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Deer / Pork Sausage- made some yesterday A.C. Legg brand seasoning blend 109 Hot

Walkathon

I bought some of the A.C. Legg brand Hot blend #109 seasoning after reading some reviews and since a few Hunt Talkers had spoken highly of it.. I made sausage yesterday with 1/2 boned deer and 1/2 pork shoulder. Turned out great!

Froze the pork and deer, then cut it in to cubes as soon as it was thawed enough to force a knife through it. Ran it through my coarse plate (1/4" I think) blended in the seasoning for a few minutes, then ran it through the coarse plate again and... bingo. Best sausage I've ever made. Fair amount of heat but not over powering. Wife thought it was good as well. Vacuum sealed it in 1 lbs packages. Made 17 lbs. Easy to make and turned out to have great flavor

I love A C Legg seasoning!! I use their breakfast, maple breakfast, chorizo, and sweet italian. This year I'm trying their bratwurst seasoning.

I love A C Legg seasoning!! I use their breakfast, maple breakfast, chorizo, and sweet italian. This year I'm trying their bratwurst seasoning.

I agree John - Let us know how the bratwurst seasoning turns out. I might try to make some next year. Do you use a smoker for any of your game recipes? I'd like to make polish but I think it would need to be smoked to turn out like the stuff I used to get from the locker.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back