New Member from SW Idaho

jtyberg

Hey everyone,

I posted on one of Steve Rinella - Meat Eater's Facebook threads about my predicament and he steered me here. I'm 34 and have never hunted before despite having lived in Idaho for 30 years. I took hunter education about 3 years ago, but I don't feel comfortable going hunting alone yet. I asked around Facebook, both to my friends and to dedicated hunting groups, and could not find anyone either willing or able to take me. Someone suggested that I try to join a local sportsman's club, which I will likely try.

I'm primarily interested in going along on a rifle hunt for deer or elk. I'm in decent physical shape and willing to haul meat through difficult terrain should the need arise. I haven't invested in much gear at all since I don't really know if this hobby is going to start taking shape any time soon. Looking forward to learning more from experienced hunters.

Welcome to the forum! We live pretty far away so likely not much help for what it sounds like you are looking for, but good for you for reaching out and trying to find a mentor. In the meantime, the threads here are a wealth of information and the crowd is pretty helpful if you have questions. Good luck!

Welcome to HT! This is a great forum with a bunch of good people. I'm new to hunting myself, and currently plan on only hunting with my bow. Unless my wife feels like buying me a rifle ha ha!

Sorry, all done for this year. But, if you are still around for next year hit me up. Would also be willing you help you choose gear to at least get you started.

Yeah, I'm done for big game for the season. Still some waterfowling to do, but don't have as much drive since the black dog passed on. We should do a treasure valley meetup sometime. There are a lot of us here, have only met a few irl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back