Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Buying ammo

James Riley

Banned
Sorry in advance if I should be doing my research elsewhere; I confess I'm lazy and only direct these questions to those who want to help.

Who on the internet has the least expensive (with shipping, CO) bulk 5.56 62 grn mil spec ammo?
Who on the internet has the least expensive (with shipping, CO) bulk .45 acp 230 grn mil ball?

Think I'm better off at Denver Gun Shows or ?

I don't reload.

Thanks.

Sportsmans Warehouse is 10% off ammo thru the 24th, which will cover the tax and no shipping if you are close to a store.

LAX ammo does factory reloads that are very nicely priced. I get my .40 and 9MM FMJ practice ammo from them. Their shipping is reasonable and the reloads are very much lower in price than factory new. I'm not sure about the calibers you are looking for, but I would definitely check them out.

https://www.laxammo.com/

Last edited:
Wow, I did some checking on all your recommendations and they were very helpful. Last time I stocked up it was at various gun shows but I'm tired of traveling for those and all the local retail stores are about 50 cents every time you pull the trigger. I'm looking at 30-35 cents, bulk, on your recommendations. Ammoseek ended up pointing me right at LAX at Massammo.

I really appreciate the leads. Time to stock up again. Thanks.

sgammo.com I buy my name brand ammo there. Mostly Federal. They offer off brand stuff also

Freedom Munitions is a good source, they are out of Lewiston, ID, I have bought several thousands of rds of .223 55 gr reman from them and no issues. Free shipping on first order, then they have free shipping promos throughout the year.

ammoseek.com and other ammo search engines (i've also used gunbot.net a good bit) are one of the best things I have found recently to buy ammo. Especially if you're buying bulk. The search features and ability to set an alert is great. I have a pretty hard time finding any "deals" at gun shows anymore. And the retail stores aren't the place either unless a good sale is running. I buy most of my 12ga target loads (rio or remington gun club) at Dick's Sporting Goods when they run a sale. I've never been able to beat their price online due to high shipping charges.

ammoseek.com and other ammo search engines (i've also used gunbot.net a good bit) are one of the best things I have found recently to buy ammo. Especially if you're buying bulk. The search features and ability to set an alert is great. I have a pretty hard time finding any "deals" at gun shows anymore. And the retail stores aren't the place either unless a good sale is running. I buy most of my 12ga target loads (rio or remington gun club) at Dick's Sporting Goods when they run a sale. I've never been able to beat their price online due to high shipping charges.

The thing I like about ammoseek is the price-per-round feature. That way I'm not sitting around with a calculator trying to figure the value of 20, 25, 50, 100, 200, 250, 500 and 1,000 round boxes. Wonderful feature.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back