Wyoming Bison Meat Processor

hearteater

I am going to be headed to Jackson in a couple of weeks on a cow bison hunt. Anybody ever use Hog Island meats to process their stuff? Any other recommendations? Thanks!

I have not heard anything bad but make sure you call the G&F office in Jackson to see if the bison are moving onto the refuge. They should by then. I'll be over hunting one too.We did our own last year and it was great. Aged it 14 days at home.

Matts' Meats was picking up bison in the field when I was there hunting. I was impressed when I talked with him about the way he processes bison, he really wants to age them before processing.
Bison are considered livestock in Wyoming so many processers will do them but wont do game . Our local butcher in Laramie will process them but not do wild game.

Jackson Hole Ice and Game has done every game animal we have had processed in Wyoming Between 2005 and 2011. I think it has changed owners since then but It would be where I'd take something if I had a Bison tag. They have a commercial bison meat business so they have the equipment to handle the big carcass.

You can always process it yourself, we've done 3 cows and they are big but doable.

You can always process it yourself, we've done 3 cows and they are big but doable.
I'll keep the backstraps and tenderloin and take care of them myself, but I don't want to mess with the other cuts. I can handle an antelope, deer, or elk, but I don't even want to try to tackle a bison!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back