PEAX Equipment

Backyard Target Practice

LandDiver

What are your thoughts on shooting 20-25 yards everyday? Worth it? That's all the space I have back there. Wife is on night shifts for the next 3 months and I'm dying to get some practice in.

Thanks.

I shoot Vegas rounds every day. Pick a target commensurate with your holding ability so as not to start anticipating, getting anxious, etc. Let the pin float and execute.

Any shooting is good shooting. I will be hunting coues in AZ in January. This morning it's -34 at home in MT so I won't be shooting outside. I have been shooting at 18yds. in my basement. I just concentrate on shooting a very small spot. It will definately keep the muscles trained.

Awesome! Thanks everyone. I have a pass for the range on base, but I can't go during the day time because my 2 younger kids are with me. I stare out in my back yard wishing I could let a few arrow go everyday. I do have one of those sticker targets I have stuck to my back door. I practice holding on it every night before bed. At least it's something, and I get to play with my bow lol.

Now I know what to hint to the wife now, ha ha! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I shoot all winter, spring, and summer in my basement (can't legally shoot my bow in my backyard) at a whopping distance of 7 yards. I shoot scaled Vegas targets. The X ring is about the size of a thumbtack.

I can go out and shoot distance 3-4x before the season opens and am perfectly accurate. I am not advocating ONLY doing this, my point is that shooting at very close range (if you do it correctly) still builds the muscle memory for a perfect shot sequence.

I shoot all winter, spring, and summer in my basement (can't legally shoot my bow in my backyard) at a whopping distance of 7 yards. I shoot scaled Vegas targets. The X ring is about the size of a thumbtack.

I can go out and shoot distance 3-4x before the season opens and am perfectly accurate. I am not advocating ONLY doing this, my point is that shooting at very close range (if you do it correctly) still builds the muscle memory for a perfect shot sequence.
That last part of this post is the most important IMO. Archery is a lot like throwing a baseball or shooting a free throw. To do it well you need to be doing it the same way each time.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back