Predator control

brockel

Felt like a heat wave here today as the temps got up to 5 degrees which is quite the improvement from the last two weeks. Had a good run on the snare/trap line and only got somewhat stuck twice. I won't post any of the actual catch photos but I will of the end of the run

Nice.

Can I ask, what do you do with the coyotes.

Do you skin them yourself (I've heard there tougher to skin than say a deer or elk). If you do skin them yourself . . . . what method works best for you?

Thanks.

Nice harvest! You have to be in the double digits by now with coyotes down. Looks like some of the stacks of geese we've seen recently on here. I too, would be interested in what to do with them. We have some beauty coyotes around here- if I can be successful, what's the easiest way to prep the hides for sale. I've skinned a ton of elk and deer, but never a coyote.

Nice.

Can I ask, what do you do with the coyotes.

Do you skin them yourself (I've heard there tougher to skin than say a deer or elk). If you do skin them yourself . . . . what method works best for you?

Thanks.

I skin, flesh, stretch, and dry them and then before I sell them this spring I'll tumble them. A few years ago I built a skinning machine and it has really helped saved the wear and tear on my hands from having to try skinnin frozen coyotes

Nice harvest! You have to be in the double digits by now with coyotes down. Looks like some of the stacks of geese we've seen recently on here. I too, would be interested in what to do with them. We have some beauty coyotes around here- if I can be successful, what's the easiest way to prep the hides for sale. I've skinned a ton of elk and deer, but never a coyote.

The best way to learn would either to get with someone that does it or watch some YouTube videos. Coyotes are case skinned for sale which is you basically peel the skin off like a tube sock

I skin, flesh, stretch, and dry them and then before I sell them this spring I'll tumble them.

Before we get ready to sell them we go to the laundry mat and run them through a light wash with "Borax" to set the hair then a fast stent in there dryer to "Fluff there hair. NICE

PS:
you want to do this in the middle of the night, No body wants a coyote skin in there washer and dryer. Darkness is our friend...

Before we get ready to sell them we go to the laundry mat and run them through a light wash with "Borax" to set the hair then a fast stent in there dryer to "Fluff there hair. NICE

PS:
you want to do this in the middle of the night, No body wants a coyote skin in there washer and dryer. Darkness is our friend...

Hah! I built a 4'x4' tumbler this year instead of doing the sneak. Running about 21rpm is about perfect

Great stuff! I used to have a blast during my days of calling and then trapping coyotes and other stuff. I always ran the fresh hides through the washer, just to get all of the blood/stink out of it before stretching. My wife never whined as long as I ran a second cycle afterward to clean the washer a bit.:cool:

Hey I'm new to hunt talk and I would like to do coyote hunts around my farm. I would never think about putting the hide through the washer. I'll keep it in mind. thanks.

Hey I'm new to hunt talk and I would like to do coyote hunts around my farm. I would never think about putting the hide through the washer. I'll keep it in mind. thanks.

It makes them smell MUCH better and takes out the blood and dirt. The washer is left in fine shape, as long as you wipe out the big hair and then run another rinse. Just don't put the coyote in whole!:cool:

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back