Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kuiu Icon Prp pack

Rainer

Making my way into more backpack hunting I saw Kuiu has the Icon Pro 7200 on 20%off. is it worth the price?

I just saw i spelt Pro wrong lol

I have one and it gets the job done.

I do think that the mystery ranch packs are better for the money, but that is like my opinion, man.

I have been using their Icon pack (precursor to the Icon Pro) for the last 4 hunting seasons and have been pretty happy. I have never tried a Mystery Ranch or Kifaru pack; which are supposed to be awesome. I used a number of Badlands packs (my brother was dealer) before I tried a Kuiu and feel it was a sufficiently better that I sold my Badlands packs.

I wish the belt adjustments were a little better, that the hip pockets were larger and easier to open. I have hauled out 3 elk and 4 deer without any problems. The pack will carry more weight than I want to carry (A couple seasons ago my brother talked me into carrying two boned out hind quarters from a cow so we could take an elk out in one trip. It was pretty tough, but pack did fine). I like how light they are and that they are modular so I can buy different sizes of bags. I also like lots of pockets to keep my stuff organized and their are more storage locations than I can use.

I'm happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

I have the Icon Pro and I like it. It's the only pack I have owned and tried so I can't compare it to others. For the price and for what I use it for it works well.

Kuiu makes good packs, I think you'd like the thicker belt and shoulder pads on the Icon better than the Ultra series. If you buy the 7200, pick up the 1800 bag as well so you have a good day pack to swap out...

Kuiu makes good packs, I think you'd like the thicker belt and shoulder pads on the Icon better than the Ultra series. If you buy the 7200, pick up the 1800 bag as well so you have a good day pack to swap out...

I have the 1800 to use for a day pack (to go along with the 7200), my brother has the 3200. I really wish I would have grabbed 3200 instead of the 1800, just to have a little extra room because the 1800 gets really tight with a bladder, jacket and few odds and ends. Granted, I have often been told that if you have a bigger bag you will always carry more than you need.

My Icon Pro 1850 is the best pack I've ever owned. Then again, I'm a flatlander whitetail guy. I'm not hauling elk quarters miles in the mountains. For super heavy duty that's on another level, it's Kifaru or Exo.

Emrah

Making my way into more backpack hunting I saw Kuiu has the Icon Pro 7200 on 20%off. is it worth the price?

I just saw i spelt Pro wrong lol

I recently purchased the Icon pro frame 5200 along with the 1850 pack so I could switch out between the day pack and a bigger pack. However Kuiu recently had a sale and all the packs were 30% off with free shipping when I purchased it sometime around a month ago. I am not sure how often they go on sale but if you do not need the pack for a while maybe it would be worth waiting for a better sale.

I have like the pack so far but have not carried any heavy weight with it yet.

Also, someone is trying to sell an icon pro frame with a 5200 and 3200 packs in the buy/sell area on this site.

I bought an Icon Pro 1850 last year. So far, it has made for a great day pack. I'm anxious to see how it holds up in the long run. It is really light. The MR packs are heavier in comparison, but they are also very durable.

I have the 1800 to use for a day pack (to go along with the 7200), my brother has the 3200. I really wish I would have grabbed 3200 instead of the 1800, just to have a little extra room because the 1800 gets really tight with a bladder, jacket and few odds and ends. Granted, I have often been told that if you have a bigger bag you will always carry more than you need.

I have the Ultra 3000. I do like a little extra space in a day pack but I bet 90% of the time I have it cinched down pretty good and nowhere near capacity, although I did start using a 3L water bladder this year and that thing takes up a ton of space.

I have an Icon Pro 5200 and the 1850 bag. I bought two years ago and I've hauled two elk out with it. This year my buddy bought a Icon Pro 5200 as well. We split this years elk in half. I figure I had 130-140 pounds. It was a tough walk but it was easier than doing the walk 3x.

I have a few details about the pack that bug me, but as for as pack for the money, I think its a good price. I wouldn't hesitate. The 5200 is borderline for hunting a week or more in the backcountry depending on the quality of your gear. I've got good cmaping gear and its barely enough room for 7-10 days.

I got the KUIU icon pro 1850 and 5200 from the fat elf this year, and will be selling my MR crewcab soon.

Now I just need to get decent at switching out the bags so I can pack in with everything in the 5200 and switch to the 1850 for hunting from camp.

I have the icon pro 3200, by far the best pack I've ever owned. Don't forget the frame is universal to the other bags.

Back