Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Any Experience with MR Pintler Pack?

The frame is a NICE, circa 2010ish, and the longbow bag is from about 2012.

I might have some more around, but here is one with it loaded with 3/4 of a mule deer and gear. It rides pretty nice even with a moose rear. Between the crew cab, longbow and Metcalf bags it has taken out somewhere around 30+ animals.
IMG_0959.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't think anyone got a picture of the turtle move or the pack...I would have probably passed out trying to do that transition. I wish I wouldn't have forgotten my camera in the truck. Quite possible Travis or Gerald caught it.

I couldn't take a picture, I was up to my elbow in moose blood. I did take mental notes though. I used the same move when I packed my gear and my son's boned out whitetail off the mountain.

Attachments

• Sony p510 168.jpg
    Sony p510 168.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,986
Thanks for the info guys! I think I'm going to go with an EXO 3500 since it seems to be a little more versatile.

IMG_20170209_220549_831.jpgIMG_20170209_220847_927.jpgI just received my new MR Pintler pack late last week. I did a lot of researching packs prior to purchasing this one. The one thing I did not find was an image of the Mystery Ranch Pintler Pack in a full compressed state. I thought I would post this image for those that might want to know how small these packs can get. This one is the new dissolve camo pattern.

View attachment 67906View attachment 67907I just received my new MR Pintler pack late last week. I did a lot of researching packs prior to purchasing this one. The one thing I did not find was an image of the Mystery Ranch Pintler Pack in a full compressed state. I thought I would post this image for those that might want to know how small these packs can get. This one is the new dissolve camo pattern.

Thanks for posting this! I'm currently selling some random stuff around the house to fund a Pintler. It will be my first and hopfully last quality pack. Got high expectations. Need to get down to Denver and see if someone has one in Stock. Post up some impressions of you use it.

I have both a Metcalf and a Pintler they are both great packs but for the most part, my Pintler is the go to. I absolutely love this pack there is nothing I would change.

I have a Med Frame Pintler in Multicam in stock my last one until later this spring/summer. If you are in the Fort Collins area and want to try one on.

I have both a Metcalf and a Pintler they are both great packs but for the most part, my Pintler is the go to. I absolutely love this pack there is nothing I would change.

I have a Med Frame Pintler in Multicam in stock my last one until later this spring/summer. If you are in the Fort Collins area and want to try one on.

Are you the shop in old downtown? If so I bought my wall tent off of you a few yrs ago. You're a few hrs away but I might drive up just to get my hands on one and check fit.
I really would like a coyote in color.

Well since we are having some unseasonably warm weather here in the UP I decided to go out to hunting camp and practice shooting with my 7mm-08 and 25-06. To practice I took my new Pintler pack and loaded it with about 25 lbs of miscellaneous hunting gear. I thought I would give the pack a little shake down and went for a walk thru the trees and brush around camp. I was very impressed at the comfort of this pack. The waist belt and flexible frame sure allow for freedom of movement compared to my old metal frame Kelty. I continued on testing this pack and used it for a rifle rest for some distance shooting. I set the 8" gong target out at 330 yards. I used the pack in both the seated and prone position for a rest. I really like the non metallic frame as it makes for a quiet and stable rest in the seated shooting position. I 'm pretty sure with how comfortable this pack is and how well it works as a functional rifle rest that this pack and I are going to become good friends on future hunts.

IMG_20170218_153344_558.jpgIMG_20170218_150947_130.jpg

Broke down and ordered mine from Black Orvis Friday. Hope it comes quick. Got the Multicam, couldn't find the tan in medium.
Never had a high end pack so I hope it holds up to the hype...

opticsplanet.com had the Pintler for $10 off but 2-3 week wait and that was enough to get me to make the purchase. That was a week ago, and this past weekend my girlfriend purchased a MR Mystic in-store for our upcoming spring backpacking trip. Now I have her MR backpack in MY house but NOT mine... I don't know how I'm supposed to wait patiently with her bag eyeing me all the time!

That said, the same day she got her backpack I decided to pick up a new general purpose travel bag and got the MR Mission Duffel 55. Holy cow, what an awesome duffle bag!

Got my Pintler today! First impressions are great. Put my kid in the meat shelf, worked good and felt good. Need to get it all set up and fitted now.

opticsplanet.com had the Pintler for $10 off but 2-3 week wait and that was enough to get me to make the purchase. That was a week ago, and this past weekend my girlfriend purchased a MR Mystic in-store for our upcoming spring backpacking trip. Now I have her MR backpack in MY house but NOT mine... I don't know how I'm supposed to wait patiently with her bag eyeing me all the time!

That said, the same day she got her backpack I decided to pick up a new general purpose travel bag and got the MR Mission Duffel 55. Holy cow, what an awesome duffle bag!

How long did it take OpticsPlanet to ship to you? I've been waiting since May and they say MR hasn't shipped to them. Thanks

I gave up on optics planet and purchased from BlackOvis. Got it within a week. Idk what opticsplanets deal is, but I was on the horn with MR several times in the spring trying to figure out when they'd be sending product to their retailers, and long after OP should have received my pack to send to me, it was still showing 4-6 weeks wait. MR had some issues anticipating quantities in the first two quarters this year, but I thought they figured it out months ago.

Bottom line: you want that pack and you want it NOW! Drop optics planet. The 10% wasn't worth the wait for me. Try BlackOvis.

I REALLY like this pack and I have literally only one gripe about it- I dislike how the waistband straps are loose- I put on a waistband pocket and it pulls the strap away from the hip pad as soon as I unbuckle to take it off (or when I try and put it on). Weighing my options on how to fix that. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Might just need to get out a sewing kit though.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back