Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

From the Mitten

efw

Saw Randy posting on another board where I've been active for a number of years, watched his shows and learned a ton, then noticed this board's sponsorship of that show and came here to check things out.

Love what I see so far! Seems like a fantastic group of people here who have tons of experience they'll share readily.

I am extremely grateful for my station in life; my sons and I have been on some awesome adventures. My now 14 yo son and I undertook a DIY public land pronghorn hunt in Wyoming in 2010 and that got us ADDICTED! We've now been deer hunting in South Dakota a couple times and pronghorn hunting in Wyoming a few times... always DIY on public land.

One of my goals each year is to do what I can to get a new hunter in front of some animals. I have a deercamp with a bunch of guys in my church that I use to try and bring people into the sport, and as a kid who was the only one in my family with the hunting gene I love to get young men involved by mentoring them like a couple fine men did me.

Thanks for a great place here y'all! I'm excited to share and learn!

Next on my bucket list is to get my boys pronghorn and take a couple hunting pards on their first western adventure, then for me it's mulies. I'll be soaking up as much as I can get toward that end as I hang out here.

Thanks again,

Efw

Last edited:
Welcome but gosh, don't forget to hunt elk!!!
Mulies are the least tasty of all western big game species IMO. Any mulie that does not have that WOW favtor gets a free pass and its photo taken intead of a tag hung on it.

Welcome but gosh, don't forget to hunt elk!!!
Mulies are the least tasty of all western big game species IMO. Any mulie that does not have that WOW favtor gets a free pass and its photo taken intead of a tag hung on it.

Funny you mention that. I have 7 PPs for deer, pronghorn, and elk in Wyoming right now. My son has 2 for each. I'd love to go for elk it just seems like so much work once the animal is on the ground! I packed out a big Sputh Dakota whitetail this year and that was tough enough!

Point taken tho; you're far from the first person I've heard that from, and I'm watching the elk forum too :) !

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back