Non Resident Idaho Mule Deer

I'm just starting to research mule deer and elk hunting for Idaho in 2018 and have been looking at 21 and 21a. Not sure if I'm going to do mule deer or elk for the first ever trip, but I'm very interested to hear what you learn by hunting these units. I'll be looking forward to hearing about the hunt this fall. Good luck

I'm just starting to research mule deer and elk hunting for Idaho in 2018 and have been looking at 21 and 21a. Not sure if I'm going to hunt mule deer or elk for the first ever trip, but I'm very interested to hear what you learn by hunting these units. I'll be looking forward to hearing about the hunt this fall. Good luck

Well with all the advice from everyone on this forum and a few others we have the trip planned. We're going a little different route with the style of hunt we initially had. We will be staying at Waters Edge RV park in north fork (used to be called Josephines) we booked for a week second week of September. After talking with a few biologists and fish and game in the area they said we'd have a good chance at elk, so its a deer and elk hunt favored towards elk if conditions are right. We hope to hit pre rut. In Alberta that's the best time to call in bulls I find before they're cowed up. We will be bringing the 4 wheelers to get to locations a couple locals were willing to share with us, park the quads in the morning and head out hunt all day then come back to camp. I figured this will give us more opportunities to see different areas and places we enjoy for future years. I'll still be bringing my pack incase I want to hike back and spend a night. We'll see though. I'm just happy I am not stressing over it anymore. We will be hunting Unit 21 and 21A.

I cant thank you all enough for the help you guys have been. If you have any other pointers id love to hear them! you've all been great.

How did your hunt go? I just moved to Missoula and I am planning on hunting 21 or 21A for Mule Deer in the same area as you. I am targeting 4 day weekends every week of rifle season (Oct 10-24). I did a scouting trip last weekend in 21, threw up a camera, tested some roads, etc.

Side note, I don't know a soul in the area, so if anyone is interested in hunting Idaho Deer or Lolo Elk (yes, I was dumb enough to buy a Lolo Elk B tag), send me a message.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back