Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

BHA - Quiet Waters Initiative

bigsky2

A petition, known as the Quiet Water’s Initiative, was submitted to the Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission this past spring by Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. The petition states Montana has experienced advanced motorized technology on its waterways, which has potentially opened up waters previously thought to be unusable by motorized water craft. At its regular May meeting, the Commission initiated rulemaking on the petition, stating, in part, the Commission should consider being proactive instead of reactive to the changes in recreation on Montana’s waterways to avoid conflicts and protect traditional and safe recreational uses. Public hearings will be held to obtain public comment. • Jan. 3 at the FWP Region 1 office, 490 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell at 6 p.m. • Jan. 4 at the FWP Region 2 office, 3201 Spurgin Road, Missoula at 6 p.m. • Jan. 5 at the FWP Region 3 office, 1400 S. 19th Ave., Bozemen at 6 p.m. • Jan. 9 at the FWP Region 5 office, 2300 Lake Elmo Drive, Billings at 6 p.m. • Jan. 11 at the FWP Region 4 office, 4600 Giant Springs Road, Great Falls at 6 p.m. • Jan. 11 at the FWP headquarters office, 1420 E. 6th Ave., Helena at 6 p.m.

http://fwp.mt.gov/news/publicNotices/rules/pn_0218.html

What is everyone's opinion on this? Where I live I am already hearing people make false claims about it without reading up on what the proposal actually says. The only rivers I have fished that are in the proposal are the Missouri and the Yellowstone, and the proposal wouldn't change how I use them at all. I would like to take the opinions of others into consideration before I send in my comments.

I saw a thread Ice Shanty and was about to ask the same question. I see a lot of rhetoric when it comes to scientific data vs emotion...even comparing this to the Trap Free Montana Initiative.

Did BHA overstep?...I'm partial toward BHA so I may be missing something.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back