Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho Late Archery Muleys

I hope you had a good day today, and if your deer tag is still not notched, maybe tomorrow morning. If nothing else, hope you tagged some good memories.

Completely wind burned, even my eyes. We put on a lot of miles today, hiking ridges and looking down into the lee slopes for deer seeking shelter from the wind.

A small four point and his doe somehow put the slip on us when we dropped out of sight for a half mile to gain wind favor. When we peaked over for the shot all that remained were two fresh beds.

I knew it would be tough to punch a tag with so few days on an archery hunt. I have to leave in the morning. Glad I tried it, even if I never drew my bow.

Three days in Vegas at a trade show later this week and then a month off. Looking forward to some time at home. And healing the aches and pains four months of mountain hunting can inflict on the body. I wonder how many miles we hike each season. I might not want to know.

Nice people, nice country, and plenty of deer. I'll likely be back here someday. Maybe with a boom stick.

I almost didn't come down here, given we only had three full days left. But I knew this winter, when I'm recouped and dreaming of hunting, I'd regret at least not giving it a try.

Ain't that the truth, good luck!

If you are so inclined the late unit 28 may be your ticket to punching that tag. It opened on Dec 1 for general archery. I have enjoyed that hunt for years. The deer numbers are tremendous and you are guaranteed to have numerous encounters.

If you are so inclined the late unit 28 may be your ticket to punching that tag. It opened on Dec 1 for general archery. I have enjoyed that hunt for years. The deer numbers are tremendous and you are guaranteed to have numerous encounters.

Shhhhhhhh!

WHAT!? There is still a late archery season in Idaho!? Please tell me where. I was just sadly putting my stuff away today. I will take it all back out if I can try to get a deer.

Three days in Vegas at a trade show later this week. I live in Vegas what trade show are you going to attend?

LandDiver, Idaho has a few late archery general hunts, I am not sure of what hunts are available up north, but I know Unit 55 has an open archery hunt from late November to mid December.

Back