Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Howdy from the increasingly crowded Colorado front range.

commandoNate

Hello all. I just stumbled upon this forum and it looks like there is a wealth of knowledge being shared here.

Can't be as crowded as Montana is beginning to feel.

It's not just the 'burbs that are crowded. Even archery season this year felt too much like back East.

Ha nice one, having just moved from Bozeman to Denver there is no comparison. Let me know when you have to make reservations to hunt public land in Montana and we will talk about crowded.

Welcome!

Somewhere north of 2 million folks have moved here since I arrived in 1996.

Basically, that's if the entire populations of Montana AND Wyoming AND Vermont packed up and moved here the last 20 years.

Still so much to love about Colorado! you will be happy.

Oh I think you might be surprised. I heard that 100,000 people moved to CO this year. That's over 8,000 people a month!!! I was thinking Wyoming, Montana or Idaho when the kids are grown and gone. Maybe I need to keep on trucking northward and get up into Canada. But in the meantime the elk hunting has treated me well in Colorado over the last decade plus so I can't complain too much. I could still be in Missouri...

Wow that 2 million people since 96 is a staggering statistic. I moved here in 98 so I guess I'm included in there though.

Oh I think you might be surprised. I heard that 100,000 people moved to CO this year. That's over 8,000 people a month!!! I was thinking Wyoming, Montana or Idaho when the kids are grown and gone. Maybe I need to keep on trucking northward and get up into Canada. But in the meantime the elk hunting has treated me well in Colorado over the last decade plus so I can't complain too much. I could still be in Missouri...

For the legalized pot?

For the legalized pot?

I think that's been a contributing factor over the last 4-5 years, however long it's been legal. But this place was growing awfully quickly in the decade or so leading up to that as well. It will be interesting to see if the novelty factor of legal weed starts wearing off as more and more states warm up to it.

I think that's been a contributing factor over the last 4-5 years, however long it's been legal. But this place was growing awfully quickly in the decade or so leading up to that as well. It will be interesting to see if the novelty factor of legal weed starts wearing off as more and more states warm up to it.

small factor IMO, but the headlines grab your attention. Military additions, jobs, what used to be cheaper housing(still cheaper, but not as cheap as other states) and a much better place to raise a family.

Greetings from a less populated area of CO.

Welcome from Cheyenne, I try to stay away from the populated areas of Colorado as much as possible. But it's hard to do when the micro breweries are calling my name, plus we frequent Steamboat often. As for Missouri, that's one of the two places my job wants to send me! Either there or North Dakota...

Back