PEAX Equipment

Outfitting landowner cut off Bridger Access

I second that. Thrilled to get the official notice as commenter, surprised there were only 22 comments. We must stay engaged, Republican legislators continue to attack public lands from every direction.
I don't think many projects generate more than a couple dozen comments, if that. Interestly enough, I remember an article by PERC belly aching about the FS handling of this (somehow taking private property rights) but they never commented on the actual proposal.

My question is did the landowner build that section of road that's on his property or did the forest service build it? If the F.S. built it wouldn't the material (roadbase) technically be owned by the forest service and if so they should take the material from the old road to build the new one. Seems that would save a lot of money

No, the out of state landowner bought it with that section of road already there, put in an outfitter manager, cut off access and still wanted the FS to maintain the road.

Due to a number of public land hunters taking the time to report this and a number of us writing to the FS and calling about it, we got this road movement process that restores access. The landowner would not work with the Forest Service, even knowing that they could be landlocked.

Elkduds, I was surprised too. Hopefully, more will get involved as the attacks get worse. Thankfully, we had enough to get this done.

Just a heads up for any hunters in the area, this road rerouting was completed and public access is restored in this area.

The Forest Service has already had some good feedback and thank yous from hunters already.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back